August 4, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010
22-23 Months
As you can imagine, we've been very busy. I never missed a month documenting your life until now. Oops! But have no fear, I will catch up now. We're one month shy of celebrating your SECOND birthday (so crazy!) and I'm gearing up to finish my final semester of college. You're truly my little sidekick. Now that you can communicate most often in full sentences, we carry on many, many conversations throughout the day. We often talk about shapes, colors, numbers, and letters. But we sometimes talk about more interesting things like poopies, toots, and burping. I have a feeling you're going to have a Georgia twang. The way you say help is hysterical. You really draw out the entire word and is just so southern the way you say it. When you really likes something you will say, "I yike it!" followed by a super cute giggle. You've been interested in the potty for well over 2 months now and we recently bought you a Dora potty seat and undies. We've yet to do the undies, but you do sit on the potty every night before bath time and twice now you've pooped in it. I don't think you're anywhere near being potty trained, but I refuse to push it with you and I know with time it will happen. You LOVE to count! You will not for the life of you say, "one" you always starts off counting with, "ready, two, three, four, fibe, sixth, sebem, eight, neyen, ten, elebem, twelf" and you abruptly stops there. You have a book that counts animals to fifteen and you know all of numbers and even when I write numbers down and they're out of order, you know which ones are which. Your most favorite number is "fibe" and when you count, you start off really soft and gradually gets louder and louder until you're yelling them. One funny is, when yI write an eight like it's 2 zero's on top of each other, you recognize that as, "two o's" but if I write it like a figure eight you know it's an eight. You're really big into everything being "mine!" right now and it's driving us crazy. We're trying to explain to you that not everything is yours, but Mommy knows it comes with the age. We were recently at a friend's neighborhood pool where another little boy was there too. You had your toy shovel out and the little guy asked to play with it. You very rudely told him, "NO! MY SHOBEL!!" I was so embarrassed, but had to turn away and laugh at the thought of you being so mad and said, "shobel". Luckily, Daddy disciplined you quickly and you were ready to share your "shobel" after that. We've also learned in the past few weeks that your are a very logical person. You get upset when people don't understand you and you stand your ground i.e. very stubborn until someone backs down. (usually you, Mack.) Some kids can be distracted or simply removed from a situation, but you have to be explained to about those kinds of things otherwise you just get more upset. Your memory is out of control. You know Publix as the cookie store and every time we go, we have to get a cookie and look at the pinata's that are hanging down. If we fail to go straight to them, you will gently remind us over and over and over again exactly what pinata's are hanging and we have to go to them. You are absolutely without a doubt terrified of the vacuum which is funny and sad at the same time. When I get it out, you often run to your room and sit on your bed until I'm done. You have your own little vacuum that I encourage you to use, and you will, just not when I'm using mine.You really reading books and pretend to read using your fingers to guide you along. You also enjoy it when we read to you and declare it storytime when we get books out. You still enjoy Lady A's "I Need You Now" but you are loving Carrie Underwood's "Undo It" and we can usually catch you singing, "Uh uh uh uh uh-undo it". It must be a girl thing, but you love to talk on the real phone to people and will actually carry on a conversation with whoever it might be. We can often find you talking on your play phone with your shoulder holding the phone up while you multitask....I wonder where you get that from? :) You're really big into make believe and pretend play right now. You will often goof off with us pretending you're either Daddy and Mommy and we are you. Oh, and for the love of hide and go seek! You don't actually hide anywhere, however, you cover your eyes with your little fists, hat, or blankie and will say, "Where Kenzie go?" It's the absolute cutest thing ever. When we call for you over and over you start bellly giggling and it makes us laugh. I also love how you refer to yourself as "Kenzie". You're such a HUGE help with Nolan. You want to be right there with me whenever I'm tending to him and must kiss him and hug him all day long. We've caught you kissing him without being prompted to and it melts my heart every time. You crack up whenever he has a poopie (which is often) and announces every time he toots, or burps. I can only pray and rest assure that the two of you will be the best of friends just like my little brother and I are. I know there are years of fights, not getting along, and battles to be conquered, but as long as you two know who are and continue to love on each other, I have no doubt that you guys will be there for one another. You're the absolute love of our lives and it's hard to not want to bottle you up and keep you like this forever, but I know it's all part of the process.
August 4, 2010
August 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment