Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Nashville 2013-1/2 Marathon

Mommy had it in her head that she was going to run a 1/2 marathon and Nashville was the place to do it!  I didn't train like I had wanted to and the weather was less than desirable for running, but we did it and we finished...barely!  Ha!

We drove up late Thursday night after soccer practice and we hit downtown Nashville early Friday morning.
Sadly, George Jones passed away while we were there and on every corner, people were remembering him.  Sidenote, I grew up listening to George with my PopPop.
Downtown Nashville
Bar hopping with Uncle Mike, Aunt Kari, Heidi, and Brian...fun times!
My mom's maiden name!
Race day!  This was at 5 a.m. and it was raining...and 47 degrees!
We waited for Uncle Mike at the starting line...in the rain...pouring rain.  I was mentally beginning to shut down and was so nervous about the run and being too cold.  Luckily, our music worked and almost 3 hours later, I finished!!  
We were so cold after the race, that we went back to our hotel, took the hottest shower and bath we could and napped.  After we woke up, we hit some more honky tonks...
At my favorite place-Honky Tonk Central listening to  my favorite band-Hoss Skelton

April 19-21, 2013

No comments: