Tuesday, March 11, 2008
And how does this all work?! 14 weeks and counting
I figured since we are going to be PARENTS, I would set this up for family in state, out of state, and everyone in between. The story of our journey begins the Wednesday after Super Bowl Sunday. I was extremely late and bought "the" test. You know the one I'm talking about. I went to the Walgreens right by our house...big mistake. I was certain I was going to be caught, my heart was racing, and I wanted to take the test and run out. But what happens? Well, the stupid thing wouldn't scan! I was starting to break out in a cold sweat, and the sweet old lady behind the counter told me I might want to get another test, because this one wasn't scanning. I wanted to die. I was waiting for someone I knew to walk through the doors and thinking of something I could say. Luckily, no one I knew appeared at the Walgreens that day. I went home, took the test, and BAM! Positive. And I don't mean a faint line...it was the darkest shade of pink I have ever seen in my entire life. Of course after taking the test, I decided to read the directions. Shoot! The test works best when taken in the morning. Thankfully, I bought the 3 pack, and waited impatiently for the next day. Again, it turned bright pink and I began to panic. I waited, and waited, and waited until Valentine's Day to tell Scott. He was the first one I told, yes, I kept it my secret for almost two weeks...will power my friends! Plus, I knew the minute I told someone, it would become a false alarm. I gave Scott his card after I cleaned the entire kitchen and dining room. I was trying to stall and the panic was coming back. My heart was pounding like it's never pounded before and I thought I was going to loose it right there, well actually I did. Scott wasn't even done reading his card and I was already crying. At the bottom of the very mushy card I wrote,"I have a present for you, but it won't be here for another 9 months. You're going to be a dad!" Scott's response was so sweet and comforting to me, and I will never forget that moment for as long as I live. Fast forward to Feb. 25, our first doctor's appointment. Everything is fine and I had an ultrasound done that confirmed that there is in fact a Nugget in there. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. You could instantly tell that there's a kid in there. We go back on March 28th, and I will be almost 17 weeks, so I'm going to beg, plead, and cry if I have to to get another ultrasound done to determine what this little nugget is. Scott's already got our office cleaned out, my sister in law brought me enough clothes to get me through my entire pregnancy, and friends and family couldn't be happier for us. So, there you have it, the beginning of Nugget's life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations! You're so lucky you're that far along already. We found out so early (3 1/2) weeks & it's taking FOREVER to get through this 1st trimester! Good luck with everything-looks like we're all in it together!
Sara
Post a Comment