Saturday, March 29, 2008
16 weeks and 4 days
I went to the doctor yesterday for my 16 weeks appointment. All is well, my blood work came back all normal and for the first time in my life, my iron was normal! It's always been on the low side, but since I've started taking prenatal vitamins, it has increased a bit. I met with a different doctor this time, and I absolutely loved him! And I get to see him again for my 20 weeks appointment, so I'm happy about that. My mom was off of work, so she came along with Scott and me, and we all got to hear the heart beat. Doc said it was in the 150-152 range. At first, he had a hard time locating it, but he was up too high on my tummy, and as soon as he moved the wand down lower, it started beating like crazy! I still don't feel pregnant, so it's things like this that bring the biggest smile to my face. I still haven't gained any weight, but my clothes are getting tighter and tighter as the days go on. It's strange to think that one day, I'm just going to "pop" and finally look pregnant. I definitely got my appetite back, and my goodness, I get hungry so much faster now. Scott and I have visited Babies R Us several times now and have narrowed down a bunch of items that we want...that place is so overwhelming! I've absolutely fallen in love with a travel system, so now I just have to patient! A few weeks ago, our church had their semi annual consignment sale, and we got a brand new, in the box jogging stroller for much cheaper than if we bought a new one in the stores. Of course Scott already put it together and we have it sitting in the baby's room closet waiting to be used. I know it will get lots of use since we are at the ball fields at least 2 times a week! The most exciting news we've gotten this week, is that we find out what Nugget is on April 18th! We absolutely can not wait!! So we just have to get through a few more weeks and then we can start working on the room more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So exciting! I'm glad your appointment went well-hearing the heartbeat is amazing isn't it? Just for the record-I think you're having a boy :) keep me posted!
Post a Comment