Friday, June 12, 2009

Swimming and Animal Crackers

We've been spending a lot of time at the pool lately. We've been fortunate enough to be able to hang out with Ms. Kelly, Jackson, Walker, and AnnaBelle in their neighborhood pool. Mackenzie is still VERY unsure of what to do in the pool, but she's warming up to the idea. She definitely does not like it when there are a lot of kids around her, and enjoys the adult swim time more. Even though she has several different types of floats, so far she doesn't like any of them. She would much rather have someone holding her which is fine. We've actually dunked her a few times just to get her more comfortable with the water and she seemed to do well with that. My mom (Gram) had me in swim classes when I was a infant and I grew up around pools, and the ocean and I've never been afraid of the water. I want Mack to respect the water, but not to be scared of it. While we were visiting the pool in early June, I brought animal crackers for Mackenzie to try out. Even though there still isn't a single tooth in her mouth, she has mastered the cookie well!

Mommy, this is GRRRREAT!!!
So happy to be trying something new.
Hmmm, sweet yet hard, tastes better than those yucky green beans....
Are you serious?! I'm allowed to have this?!
The water was a little chilly so the only way I could get used to it was to get my whole body wet, please excuse the slicked back hair look!

No comments: