I'm having to work a little backwards here, but what's new! :) The Wed. before New Year's Eve, we had Jamie, Drew, and Abby spend the night with us. We absolutely love having them over and they are such well behaved children. We did all the slumber party musts, we ate way too much pizza, made and ate cake, stayed up too late playing the Wii and having a dance/singing contest, slept in the next morning, and ate a huge breakfast that may or may not involved eating more cake. :) We brought the kids back to Mike and Kari that afternoon and then we all went to a neighbor's house for NYE celebrating. You wanted to so bad to keep up with all the "big kids" at the party that you wound up taking a nasty tumble down the basement steps. I just knew it was bound to happen. Because we don't have steps in our home, you think they're somewhat of a game when you see them. Thank God there was a landing going down into the basement, so you only went down 4 or 5 steps, but because they were carpeted, you sported a nice shiner and cut your lip up pretty bad. I had been watching chasing you all night, but I got caught up talking to a new friend, so the second I heard the thud, thud, thud I just knew it was my baby. Of course there were lots of tears shed, but they were because you didn't like all the strangers in your face. After a thorough check over and experienced mommies promising that we didn't need to take our first trip to the emergency room on NYE mind you, you was up and running (literally) in no time. Daddy enjoyed a night with the boys at the party and playing games with his brother so he didn't feel so hot the next day. We had plans to double date with Uncle Matt and Hannah so Daddy had only a few hours to shape up. We drove up to Lady T and Pawpa's for a long weekend and they got to babysit you for us while the four of us went to Dialog in the Dark, which I HIGHLY recommend and a delicious supper at The Cheesecake Factory. This was pretty much the first date Daddy and I have had since before you were born. I won't say it was much needed, because we really do enjoy every single moment with you and we love taking you out with us, you do so well and you enjoy going to new places.
Gotta love them!
Seriously, Hannah is the coolest and well, Uncle Matt he's pretty cool too!
Freezing outside of The Cheesecake Factory
Showing off your shiner.
Just had to include this one, cracks me up.
Pawpa bought Guitar Hero World Tour and we spent the entire day rocking out!
You learning the drums already.
January 3, 2010








No comments:
Post a Comment