Monday, April 12, 2010

Ain't No Mountain High Enough

I'm afraid to say that I don't think we have a ballerina or cheerleader on our hands.  Instead, I think you might become some sort of professional rock climber or archaeologist.  As Daddy and I were in the backyard planting, mowing, and raking, you were busy climbing.  Our backyard is by no means flat and I truly believe that some part of Stone Mountain has made it out to our house.  We've made the best of it and although it can be a sight for sore eyes at times, at least we don't have to mow much.  I'm still trying to get used to allowing you to explore the outdoors and gasp, get dirty.  I'm getting there as far as the mud, dirt, sand, and grass goes, but the first time you bring a bug or snake to me I just might pass out.  I promise, I do dress you in girl clothes and love to put bows in your hair and wear cute sandals, however, when it comes to playing outside, the play clothes go on!

The beginning of the climb.  Obstacle #1:  Make it over the retaining wall to hold back the dirt.
Doing the crab crawl to find the perfect dirt spot.
For the love of those cheeks, seriously, they are the most squeezable things ever.
And here comes the dirt.  A bath was a must after this.

And you begin your descend down the mountain.  Unfortunately, your knees took quiet a beating. 
Just to give you a visual of how far you climbed on your own and not even looking back to see where we were.
Nothing's more refreshing than apple juice, a little bit of mud and a comfy chair to take a breather in.
March 30, 2010

No comments: