I have no idea how it happens, but for the second year in a row, the weather didn't cooperate for the annual Easter egg hunt at our church. Last year, it was so cold, we were in full on parkas and hats, and this year, it was a bit better but not much. We put you in the older age bracket so you hunt with your buddy, Bennett and I was a tad nervous that you would get run down by either a child on a mission, or over eager parents wanting their kids to get all the eggs. Well, let me tell you, you held your own. I showed you once what to do, and from there, you were off. You had no idea that the "eggies" as you call them, had goodies in them. And at one point a little boy came over to "borrow" one of your eggs, and you yanked your basket back so fast, stuck your finger out and shouted, "I say NO!" Although I was cracking up on the inside, we had a little lesson on sharing that day.
And the hunt begins.
Getting the hang of it.
Showing Daddy your eggies.
You did much better with the bunny than Santa, even though I personally think the bunny is much creepier looking, but I digress. You did great with him, but only if you could look at him, once I turned you around, you got a little nervous, hence why I was sitting there too.
In the jumpy, jumpy, jumpy.
This was as high as you got. You tried so hard to stand, but just didn't have the confidence to do it. Either way, you were a happy little girl to be playing with the big kids.
March 28, 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment