Monday, July 26, 2010

The 3rd of July

I guess because the 4th was on a Sunday this year, many towns were doing their fireworks on the 3rd which of course was a Saturday night.  All week we were anticipating going to Marietta Square to watch the fireworks, but as the weekend got closer, I started to get nervous.  I myself, don't do well with big crowds, and with a newborn and a toddler that thinks she's 16, I was beginning to doubt how much fun we would have by going to the square.   Well, thankfully, The Pendley's invited us to the funeral home and we had such a fun time.  We arrived early enough to enjoy watching all the kids run around, eat, and catch up with great friends, as well as meeting some new ones.  The weather was the coolest it's ever been in GA for the 4th which made the night even better.  You had so much fun running around with Sailer and Maddie, and sadly I got no pictures to prove it.  Every time Maddie walked away, you would shout for her and even the week after was still asking for her.  We ate the typically picnic food-fried chicken and macaroni salad and ended the night with a great firework show.  Nolan was a charm and hung out the whole night rarely making a peep except to eat and slept through the entire firework show.  We can't wait for next year!

Daddy and his boy.
And his little girl...how lucky are we?!

Oh the faces!  I love your personality.


Hee, hee! 
Sailer and you socializing.

And not to fooled, you're not covering your ears, you're actually saying, "OH WOW!"
July 3, 2010

1 comment:

Amber said...

Cute, cute, cute! We took the kiddos to see fireworks for the first time this year, and I was worried about them b/c of the loud noise. BUT, of course, they loved it! I guess I should have taken them last year, too! Ha! I'm so glad y'all had a fun outing. :)