Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Father's Day 2010

If you were to tell Scott that he would have 2 children to celebrate Father's Day with him this year, he would have laughed at you.  It's amazing how your life can change forever in a matter of seconds.  With all the excitement of Nolan's arrival, Scott has never, ever acted any other way than happy and excited.  No, he doesn't show emotions very much, however, the thought of becoming a dad in less than a month to another child could send someone over the edge...not him.  He has been my rock for the past 10 years, and even more if you count all the years we were friends.  He has stood beside me when I thought I had nobody to run to, he's been the one to carry me when I was down, yet encourage me to get up and keep going.  He was my biggest fan when I delivered you (Mack) and you (Nolan) and he has never told me that I couldn't do something...he's always told me that as long as I put my mind to it, I can do it.  He has been an amazing Daddy to you (Mackenzie) and now to you (Nolan) as well.  I know he will continue to teach, guide, and be there for both of you for the rest of his life.  You (Mackenzie) are so in love with him.  When you hear his truck coming down the road, you immediately stop whatever you are doing, do this crazy dance and then run to the window and waits for him.  And then when he walks through the door, you shout as loud as you can, "Daa-dddyyy's home!"  How can you not smile at that?  You love for Daddy to "hold you" which means hold me, and you crack up at all of his silliness.  Daddy sings to you (Nolan) when you're sad and bounces you around when your tummy hurts.  He talks to you when your crying for more food and knows how to do the tightest, strongest, best burrito wrap even your can't escape from.  *Sidenote* Even the nurses in the hospital were impressed by his mad baby swaddling skills!  The key-it takes two receiving blankets.  So, this Father's Day was a quiet one.  We spent the Saturday before at Nanny and Papa's grilling out and then on Sunday, we went to lunch at our favorite Irish restaurant, Patty's and then headed to Home Depot to buy plants.  Scott asked multiple times for a Topsy Turvy, and he got one from M and N.  When we got home, Scott made a neat arbor to hang his plants and we played outside while you (Nolan) took a nap.

Watching Daddy build his arbor.  Your shirt says, "Daddy's Little Girl."  So true!
Sweaty, hot and still happy...that's Mack for ya!
Monkey Mack climbing...as usual.
That hair is one hot mess!
I see you!  We love our blue/brown/green eyed girl!
And this was later on that night.  You had no idea that I was watching you.  You were singing to "Baby Rolan".
And giving him kisses.  You would slobber and kiss him all day long if you needed to.
June 21, 2010

No comments: