Surprise! We had a baby! Well, I guess I should say, I had a baby! However you look at it, Scott and I now have a son, and you, Mackenzie are a big sister! I know, I know it's shocking and completely unexpected by many, including us. No, I didn't sign up to be on any TLC shows and don't plan to. Here's the story of our little sneaky squirrel...
I went to the doctor on May 20th for a crazy leg cramp up by my groin and some other issues. It seriously felt like I pulled a muscle, but it would come and go. I had Daddy meet me at the office because I needed him to hang with you while they did whatever I thought they were going to do. After waiting what felt like forever, I was finally called back and did the ever so lovely pee in a cup for the nurse. She then came back and said that based on my last period, April 16th, I was due in January. Daddy looked at me and I looked at him and proceeded to tell the nurse that we were NOT there for a confirmation of a pregnancy. She said that she wanted to do a test anyways just to make sure, and sure enough it positive! Whoa, whoa, whoa. I was extremely surprised and not how I expected to find out that I was pregnant. Daddy had turned a ghostly greyish-white at this point and my stomach was flip flopping...but NOT from a baby. I wasn't ready for this, we didn't plan this, however, you (Mack) were a surprise too. How were we going to now have 2 under 2, how would we prep you to become a big sister? So many questions/emotions reeling through my head. We went back into a room and were greeted by a super fabulous doctor that I had seen a few times when I was pregnant with Mackenzie. She estimated that I was approximately 5 weeks pregnant until she checked me and got a very confused look on her face. Of course, I got nervous and then she said, "I think I feel a head." Yes, a head. What? How in the world was this possible? She ordered an ultrasound and within 3 minutes we saw the most amazingly, huge baby on the machine. The baby was so big in fact, that the tech couldn't determine the sex. Then she explained that I was 36 weeks pregnant...basically full term. I covered my face and felt like the world was racing and I was standing completely still. Daddy is amazing, he was holding you and didn't drop you and maintained his composer the whole time. How was this happening? I made fun of all the ladies on all of the silly I didn't know I was pregnant shows, and now I was one of them?! When we got back into the room with the doctor, she was so excited for us. She was literally skipping down the hallways calling for all the blood work tests that needed to be done asap. My due date was estimated for June 11th, our 6th wedding anniversary! I was having a hard time getting myself together and she sat with us for some time reassuring us (me) that this happens way more than we all think and I had many factors that aided into me not knowing I was pregnant. 1. I had my period the whole time. 2. I was on birth control until Dec., therefore, I again got pregnant on the pill. 3. I had an inverted uterus that pushed little man so far into my back I felt little movement i.e. gas pains and because of the inverted uterus, I didn't "pop". 4. The stress of this past year was enough for me to never think I could be pregnant. I had some back pain starting in April, but we took a road trip to NY, and I started working in the classroom 5 days a week, therefore, I was on my feet all day long. 5. I knew I gained weight and Daddy knew it too (he just never said anything because he didn't want to start a fight...smart man I married!), but he never, ever thought I was pregnant 6. I never needed to wear maternity clothes, in fact, I went to the hospital in my normal clothes. Hopefully, this answers a lot of questions everyone has, and we'll have this to read to you two one day about our sneaky squirrel.
June 14, 2010
7 comments:
WHAT THE HECK!!!!!! i seriously wasn't sure if you were joking or not until i saw that sweet picture of your two cuties!!! KELLYANN!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! this is so incredible!!!!! i am very very happy for your sweet family=)
I love your story! Thank you for blogging about it. Nolan will have such a fun story to tell his friends later in life.
seriously..amazing! I am so happy to hear this story! thanks for letting us all in.
what a wonderful surprise!! you are now tied for best birth story of anyone i know (your competitor is a girl who had her baby in an ambulance on the side of the road- ha ha!). So glad everyone is healthy and happy! And btw- i think he looks just like scott in your header picture! much love to you guys! :)
I have never heard anything like this! 36 weeks preggo and you didn't know?! Wow!!! What a story - just goes to show that God can do anything!!!
This is the craziest story I have ever heard. Kudos to you for not having a total meltdown when you found out you were 36 weeks pregnant! Hope you are all doing well!
I've been looking forward to hearing the details! It is such an incredible story. Nolan is a precious little baby!! Mack looks like she is taking on sisterhood wonderfully! Congrats!!
Post a Comment