Monday, June 14, 2010

21 Months and A New Addition...

My, my, my what a month!!!  I can't believe in 3 short months you will be 2 years old.  This time last year you were just crawling, not a tooth was to be seen, and you were still in your baby carrier.  Oh, how things have changed.  You are well beyond our years when it comes to vocabulary and your speech.  You do say the funniest things, such has Yolives=olives, cookie conster=cookie monster, yackpack=backpack, hold you=hold me, I yuve you=I love you, peapop=teapot (my current favorite) and many more that I can't think of right now.  When we were registering for Nolan at Babies R Us, Lady Antebellum was playing over the speakers.  You kept on saying a phrase over and over again, but we couldn't for the life of us figure out what you were saying.  You closed your eyes and started swaying back and forth and saying the phrase again.  We finally figured out that you were singing with Lady A!  The song was "I need you know", and your interpretation is, "IIIIII meeeeeed you moooooow."  Thankfully, I have the CD and we listen to it all the time.  You love to make animal noises and your new favorite is the sound you make for a skunk, you make this puffing noise all while holding your nose, and you say that a penguin says, "waddle, waddle, waddle", and whenever you say any animal, you insist on making the sound that goes with said animal.  You also have a new found love of cows, and we have no idea why, but it's pretty darn cute.  Whenever we pass a pasture, you shout with delight, "COWS!"  While we were in the hospital, Uncle Mike taught you to say "dude!" and if we don't reply back to you, you will say, "Dude Me!" and you love to give "Knuckles" now too.  I'm telling you, you are IN-SANE and too stinkin' funny.  You are my little side kick and we have many, many conversations throughout the day that mostly consist around "Gora", animals, her toys, or food, but every once in awhile, you will ask me something so crazy.  Just the other day, you were sitting with Daddy watching Transformers and you said, "Daddy?" and when he responded to her you then said, "Whatchya watchin'?"  It was the cutest thing ever and when he told you that he was watching Transformers, you said, "Oh, ok, thank you."  I have a feeling that potty training is right around the corner.  You LOVE to announce when your pooping and then shortly after you will repeatedly say, "poopie".  After your all finished, you'll walk backwards towards us saying, "Sheck, me poopie."  And you've had a lot of yucky loose poopies, (sorry, Mack, but this is too funny not to post) and it looks like peanut butter...I know, disgusting.  Well, I guess we've said a time or two how it resembles said peanut butter and now you'll say peanut butter every single time we change your diaper.  We've been spending a lot of time at my Gwama's because Daddy's been working on the lake and we've reintroduced you to the pool.  You have absolutely no fear of the water and of course you think you can do everything the big kids can, so we've been extremely careful with you around the pool.  We actually had to go out and buy you a life jacket (coast guard approved, I might add) because I can't stomach all the "what ifs" when it comes to the water.  Oh, and on the day that you turned 21 months, YOU became a BIG SISTER! 

June 4, 2010

No comments: