
Time must sloooooow down! Within a matter of days, you have gone from saying, "Mommy" to "Mom" and, "Thanks!" instead of "Thank You." I don't like this one bit. Don't get me wrong, I'm so excited and happy to see you thriving and growing, but not ready for all these changes. Just last weekend, I put you down for your nap, which you were very mad at me about. And as I closed your door, I heard a thud and intense screaming. Yup, you did a complete front flip out of your crib and was on your floor. Nap time took a back seat while Daddy and I transformed your bed from crib, to toddler bed with these really cute, but don't really do anything, bed rails. I was nervous that you wouldn't know what do with the change, but ta-da you did! You still tell Daddy every single night that you're ready to go, "night night" and after hugs and kisses, you roll over and is done for the night. The first day that you took a nap, you did wind up waking up and we found you standing and crying in the middle of your room, so either you were sleep walking, or just got really confused. And we can't forget yesterday morning. I went to wake Sleeping Beauty up, after all it was 9 a.m. and you were nowhere to be found. I found you on your tummy with your legs tucked underneath you sleeping up against your closet door! I took a picture from my phone, but it's too dark to see...bummer! Your memory is out of this world and only getting better, which I'm not sure how I feel about that one either! We were driving down Dallas Hwy. on Sunday night and as we passed Kroger, you said, "Koger" in a very matter of fact way. Daddy and I just looked at each other and started cracking up laughing. That same night, we were on our way to Zaxby's and when we pulled into the parking lot, you shouted, "Elbow!"=AnnaBelle. Ok, the last time you and I ate there with Kelly and "Elbow" was in early March when I was on my spring break. You refer to Publix as the cookie store many thanks to me for getting you a cookie while we shop and every morning and afternoon on our way to and from Nanny and Papa's we pass a pasture with coooooooooowwwwws! And every morning and afternoon, you go nuts screaming for the cows and then proceed to moo at them. If the cows aren't out, you will then tell me that they are "seeping"=sleeping. One morning when as I was dropping you off and your Nanny and Papa's so I could go to school, I told you that I loved you and said I would see you later, without skipping a beat, you replied back with, "I love you, mommy." I thought I was going to loose it right then and there. No one prompted you to say it and you said it in the cutest voice ever. Of course, I've only gotten you to say it one other time to your Daddy, but I know you can say it now. Your favorite color right now is GREEEEEEEN, but you do know pink, yellow, blue, purple, orange, and red and you know what a triangle, square, and circle are many thanks to the 2 shape sorters that you have and love playing with. You finally got into playing with puzzles and name all the animals that go with the puzzle you are working on. You love to count too, and every time I get the video camera out you get shy and won't perform for me. :( But you will count to 9 by yourself and then if we say 10, you will go on every other number to 15. Again, this is many thanks to Dora. Grayma was visiting last weekend and she sneezed, and you said, "Bess you." and after we tell you thank you, you will tell us that you're welcome. I just hope that we can continue to teach you how to be polite and be respectful. You love to ask for help and say it in the most pathetic voice ever and when don't like something or want something we have, you will continuously tell us, "here". You went from having 7 teeth last month to getting 3 more teeth this month which includes your eye teeth and we're not sure if it's the teeth or a slight speech impediment, but when you say chips, it sounds like ships and your little tongue drags across your lips. It's so crazy to think that in 4 short months, you will be 2 years old, but it truly has been the best 20 months of mine and Daddy's lives thus far.
Your don't mess with me expression. I'm not sure why you were so grouchy looking.
May 4, 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment