Thursday, May 6, 2010

A 5 Day Tour...

Within a five day period, you traveled from Georgia, to North Carolina, northward to New York and back again.  We logged over 2,000 miles on Grayma's car and spent at least 5 hours a day traveling.  Was I nervous about this idea at first?  Absolutely.  Am I ever so thankful of the creator of the portable DVD player?  You bet!  I have no idea how mommy's parents traveled with Uncle Matt and me when we were younger without having some form of entertainment to keep us occupied.  You were able to go on about a 4 hour period before getting rather restless, but all it took was getting you out of the car and letting you blow some much needed steam off.  We figured out that if we got up at 8 a.m. (which wasn't hard at all.  You were the perfect alarm clock and woke up between 8 and 8:07 every single morning we were traveling.) packed up, ate breakfast and then were on the road at 10 a.m, you would fall back asleep by 10:30 a.m. for a nap that usually lasted about an hour in half to 2 hours.  Instead of packing and hauling your pack n' play all over the east coast, you just slept with me, which was a huge treat for me, I mean you.  ;)  I did wake up a few times a night to your sweet little foot being lodged in my collarbone, but every morning, you would wake me up by rubbing my face with your little hand saying, "Mommy?" over and over again...can't beat that.

It's amazing how a simple box will keep a toddler entertained for long periods of time.

I'm pretty sure you were calling daddy at this point to tell him to come and save you from the driving madness.
Hmmm, who should I call now?
 
Not the safest way to tote a toddler, but you were having fun.

April 5, 2010

No comments: