Friday, October 28, 2011

Somewhere Over the Rainbow...

It's Mackenzie's THIRD birthday!  To say that you've been obsessed with The Wizard of Oz is a slight understatement.  Ever since we went to the beach last Thanksgiving, we've probably watched the movie at least 3 times a week and that's no exaggeration.  Up to this point, you haven't been into princess' and dress up, so I was really struggling on what to do for your birthday.  You randomly told me back in early June that you would love to have a "Dorofee" party.  It was at that moment, that I went into party planning mode.  I will admit, at first, I was a bit hesitant because I didn't realize that there was so much W.O.Z party material out there.  I did a bit of internet researching and discovered a rainbow cake and from there I was on a roll for planning the perfect party for you.

While Mommy and Daddy were in Colorado, you and Granma were discussing your upcoming birthday and apparently you batted those big hazel eyes of yours and proclaimed that you would just LOVE to have your party at Granma and PawPa's house so everyone could swim "wif" you.  We arrived early at Granma's to start the decorating and were greeted by "Dorofee's" house complete with the wicked witch under it!


Daddy, Mommy, and Uncle Matt (who mind you, made the very special trip home to celebrate with you...that Uncle Matt is one of your biggest fans), blew up many, many rainbow themed balloons to make a rainbow for all the guests to walk under.  Granma MADE your "Dorofee" costume, that mind you will come in handy for Halloween, and we had a scarecrow and lion costume for Nolan but it was too hot for either one of them.  Sidenote, Mack, you insisted that Noley dress up as the "Yollipop Guild" complete with swirled top hair.  I just couldn't bring myself to do that to you, Nolan.  There was a witch along with a poppy field, the scarecrow, and a jar of tin man chocolate hearts for everyone to see.



The weather was perfect, and even a bit too chilly for this Mommy to swim, however, you, Nolan, Daddy, Uncle Matt, Uncle Mike, Drew, and Papa all swam all over the place with you.  You were so happy all day and it made Mommy and Daddy's hearts smile to see you loved by so many people.  Aunt Carmen and Aunt Brandon along with Maureen even made the trek up to the land of Oz (a.ka. Flowery Branch) to be with you.

September 10, 2011

No comments: