Sunday, April 20, 2008

19 weeks and 5 days

Scott and I went to the doctor on Friday for our 20 weeks ultrasound. We found out some exciting news, we're going to have a daughter! Everything is looking great. The name we picked out is Mackenzie Elizabeth. Mackenzie is Scott's middle name and Elizabeth is mine. I know it's a mouth full, but I have a long name and it's never bothered me. Her heart rate was 147 beats per minute and she's weighing 10 ounces....she's a little chunker! Everything I've read says at 19 weeks the average weight of the baby is from 5-7 oz., so it's nice to know that she's healthy! We got to see her brain and heart which was amazing. Her brain looked like when you cut a tomato in half with all the different sections. And her skull was a perfect circle. She decided half way through the ultrasound that she had enough and put her hands over her eyes...too cute. We went shopping on Saturday and picked up a few new clothes for her and they are already hanging up in her closet. Scott loves to shop, so it was fun shopping for our baby together yesterday. The room isn't anywhere close to being done, but it's cleared out and ready for decorating, so that's our next task. I still feel great. I go back to the doctor this Friday for my 20 weeks appointment. This one includes the glucose test and yummy drink for the testing. I'm officially out of all of my pants unless they are elastic! I can't even stand the thought of anything on my stomach, but still not much of any weight gain and I still don't think you can tell that I'm pregnant. I know, I still don't have pictures up, I'm working on it, I promise!

1 comment:

Summer Pendley said...

KellyAnn! Congratulations! You will LOVE having a little girl...I'm still learning about it myself, but I love it so far!

Glad you are feeling good...hope to see some pics soon! :) Take Care! :)