Thursday, May 1, 2008
21 weeks and 2 days
Scott and I were back at the doctor again last Friday for a routine check up. The nurses are continuously impressed with my blood pressure. It's always been on lower side and continues to stay low thus far. Apparently, Mackenzie is measuring right on and her heart rate is great. One funny thing that happened was, Scott was wearing his work shirt and the doctor asked Scott what he did for a living. After finding out that Scott works in the home remodeling business, the doctor asked for his business card! I told Scott that he could trade work with the doctor as long as he agreed to deliver our baby! I absolutely love, love, love this particular doctor and am hoping, wishing, and praying that he will be the one on call when I deliver. My next appointment isn't until may 23rd, and that's when I get to do the lovely Glucose test. All the nurses were trying to scare me by saying how gross that stuff is, but I love anything orange flavored and I have quiet a sweet tooth, so hopefully it won't be as bad as they all say. I'm starting to feel her move around a lot more, but nothing for Scott to feel just yet. I'm finally starting to feel pregnant, and had my first pouty day last Saturday. Scott had a softball tournament that lasted all day, and even though I was sitting down, the babe didn't like that one bit. I stood for one of his entire games and then my sister in law and I spent the rest of the day shopping! I've really tried to pace myself when buying things for Mackenzie, but it's so hard! The summer clothes are way too cute, so I've bought some things here and there and I've been buying sizes that will fit her this time next year and beyond. May is an extremely busy month for us, and I'm taking pictures this weekend. I promise! It's my niece's 6th birthday on Saturday, so she's having a party, and then next week, my brother turns 17...yes 17! It's so hard to believe that he's all grown up! And then we have Mother's Day, my nephew's 1st Communion and the list goes on. On a different note, please keep the Moeller Family in your prayers. John and Diane Moeller have attended our church for many years, and John started up the company Scott works for. John found out sometime last year that he's lungs are dying and the prognosis isn't good. Unfortunately, over the winter, the doctor's found cancerous spots on his lungs and lymphnods. He went through several rounds of chemotherapy and nothing worked. Last week, John was back in the hospital and later found out that the cancer has spread to his bone marrow. It's been such a tough year on everyone and John and his family don't deserve this kind of pain. To end on a happy note, like I said, I PROMISE to post some pictures early next week. Classes are officially over and I've taken all my finals and now just have 2 projects to turn in on Monday! Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yippee for pictures to come! I talk to you ALL THE TIME, but I have no idea how big your belly has gotten!
Sorry, its taken me so long....but CONGRATS!! Cant wait to meet your little angel!!!
Love, Blair
Post a Comment