We've had such a busy month! The first weekend in May kicked off with our niece, Abby's 6th birthday. The weather was great and we all had a great time. Scott and I have gotten into the tradition of giving Abby outside toys, and this was the third year in a row that we bought her some sort of chalk set. Scott LOVES shopping for his nieces and nephews, and it's so much fun to watch him roam through stores trying to find exactly what he's looking for. I hope he carries on with his love for shopping when Mackenzie gets here! The 2nd weekend in May was obviously Mother's Day, and on Saturday we went to Lake Allatoona with Scott's parents, brother, sister in law, and their kids. It was a bit windy and way too cold to get in the water, but Scott and the kids got in...they're nuts. We had a little cookout in the picnic area and enjoyed relaxing in the shade. On Sunday, we headed up to my mom's to celebrate with her and also my baby brother's 17th birthday. Had the wind not been blowing so hard, it would have been a perfect day for swimming in the pool, but no such luck. We all enjoyed being lazy and talking about the babe. That Sunday night, I got the best news! Carmen called to say that she is pregnant! I was in total shock and I still am, but I'm so stinkin' excited! Ever since her and Mat got married, I told them to wait just 2 years for me to finish school and then we would have babies together, well Mackenzie decided to change that plan for us, so I was cheering Carm and Mat on to get moving! Well, all I can say, is that we couldn't have planned this if we tried! She's due less than 2 months after me and I couldn't be happier for her, Mat, and baby C. Now last weekend, was Drew's first Communion and I have pictures!

Scott, Me, and Drew down in the prayer garden at his church.

Drew resembles Scott so much! It will be interesting to see what Mackenzie looks like, because Drew can easily pass for Scott's son.

Abby, Me, and Jamie. Abby recently turned 6, and Jamie is 10 1/2.

Scott, Me, and Mackenzie! Our first pregnant photo at almost 24 weeks!
As far as Mackenzie goes, things are going really well. She's a little mover and shaker early in the morning and late at night. I would love to be able to see exactly what she's doing in there, because there are times that she's moving non stop for quiet some time. I go tomorrow for my glucose test and I'm praying that everything will turn out fine. I was starting to get very discouraged because I couldn't find any bedding that I liked. Everything out right now just isn't much my style or if it is, it's not worth what the price tag is! I started searching for fabric and finally found EXACTLY what I was looking for. I visited several fabric shops and have to tell you about Fabric and Fringe, it's off of Canton Highway and it's amazing! The prices are no more than Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or Joann's and it's a huge warehouse with bolts and bolts of fabric! I was in heaven! Now my mom and I have to get crackin' on the bedding and Scott and I have some serious painting to do!
1 comment:
I just LOVE Fabric & Fringe too!!! I get all of my fabric there and actually got the fabric for Owen's nursery there too :) It always has what I want at the greatest prices! Glad everything's going well for you-hope the glucose screening went well, I'm sure it did! You're just so adorable preggo :)
Post a Comment