Yet again, I have another Thursday off, so it's time to blog! I had my glucose test last Friday and the doctor said that if there is a problem, they will call me otherwise, we will discuss the results at my next appointment on June 20th. The test wasn't bad at all, the worst part was getting my blood drawn...I hate the anticipation of the needle. I had the drink cold and drank it through a straw and the only problem I had with it, was that it was so sweet that it gave me a sore throat. We did hit a rough spot. Once again my iron is very low. I have battled with this for years and right when I get it stable, it drops down. The nurse was much more concerned about it than I was only because she didn't know that this is a constant medical problem for me. The doctor wants me to take an iron supplement opposite of when I take my prenatal and from here on out, I will have to get my iron checked. If there isn't a significant change, I will have to get iron shots which apparently hurt pretty bad. I just have to watch what I eat and make sure that I'm eating foods high in iron.
We definitely have a future athlete on our hands! Mackenzie is constantly moving now. She favors my right side and loves to kick/punch/poke me right in the rib cage. Scott felt her move on Monday night on the way home from my moms. Unfortunately, he was driving so he really couldn't focus too much on the movement, but he started laughing and couldn't believe that he could feel her as much as he could. I'm still feeling really good and don't have much to complain about. I'm still sleeping well, with only a few tosses and turns a night and so far no dreaded midnight potty breaks! We're getting her bedroom together slowly but surely. We plan to get paint this weekend and I have to measure the crib so I can get the right measurements to start her bedding which I'm sooo excited about! We're headed to Mable House Ampitheatre tomorrow night to see Randy Travis so we will see if Mackenzie likes country music or not!
1 comment:
wow still sleeping good and not having to get up in the middle of the night for potty breaks?! this little one is being so kind to you...hope it continues! if you start to have trouble sleeping, i highly recommend the snoodle pillow...it was a lifesaver for me! have fun at randy travis tonight, how fun!
Post a Comment