Tuesday, June 10, 2008

27 weeks...where has the time gone?!

I can't believe that we are down to less than 100 days! It's scary and exciting all at the same time. We got the top half of Mackenzie's room painted and we are waiting for the beadboard, so we can finish it up. We're really happy with the color that we chose. Once her room is together, I will be sure to take some pictures. We went back to Mable House Ampitheatre this past weekend to see America. The only song I knew was, "Riding Through the Desert on a Horse With No Name" but that's ok. It was so hot and I was super uncomfortable because my back was killing me. I hate complaining, so I was just in a bad mood.

Earlier Saturday, my niece had her first dance recital that she's been praticing for all year. In the middle of the second routine, Abby's tutu fell off of her! Instead of panicing, she tapped her heart out with her tutu around her ankle's and casually stepped out of it when she got a chance...she never stopped smiling and never missed a beat...did I mention she just turned 6?! Abby never ceases to amaze me!

Tomorrow is Scott and mine four year anniversary...again, where has the time gone? It seriously feels like yesterday that we were getting married. We aren't doing much tomorrow, because on Thursday we are heading up to Ellijay with some friends for a long weekend, and boy do we need it! I can't wait to relax and be lazy all weekend. The best thing about going up there, is that we can bring the pups and they always have a blast playing in the river.

I have to mention how proud I am of my brother. As some of you know, he's nine years younger than me and even though he stands almost a foot over me, he is still my little brother. Well, as of last week, Matt, is now a United States Marine and I couldn't be prouder of him. He still has a year left in high school, and won't be going to basic training until he graduates, but that just means that he has entire year to prepare for what's in store. Love you, Matt!

No comments: