Thursday, June 26, 2008

Our Traveling Girl

By the end of this pregnancy, Mackenzie will have already traveled to southern Florida and the Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. I went with my mom, and brother to visit my grandma down in Florida for a long weekend last week. It was such a nice visit. My grandma suffers from Vascular Dementia, so you never know what you're going to get with her. She has her good days and bad, and is super alert one minute and then in her own world in another. The one thing to keep remembering, is to smile. If you let it get to you, it will break your heart. We went on Saturday to visit her in her new home in Coral Springs, Florida and she was so excited to see us! We didn't know what to expect and certainly didn't want to get our hopes up, but she proved us wrong. My brother walked into the dining hall with flowers and the whole place lit up. All the old ladies went crazy and weren't shy to tell my brother how beautiful the flowers were. Grandma showed us around her assisted living and we went outside and sat under a tree for a little while. She was so funny! Grandma wanted so badly to take us out to lunch, but since she just ate, we told her we would come back on Sunday for lunch. We got a call early Sunday morning from her home saying that she had fallen sometime during the night and was at the hospital. We were heart broken. The family spent Sunday in the nasty, nasty ER of the hospital trying to calm Grandma and reassure her that everything would be ok. We did all hear a common response from the staff (including the on duty police officer) my Grandma at almost 88 years old, is one feisty lady! And she has a mouth on her. She will be spending the next 3 weeks in rehab and will then get to go back to her place. Below is a picture of us on Saturday under "Grandma's Tree".

Scott and I are leaving on Saturday for a week at the beach with some friends of ours. It's our last before Mack vacation. The drive down to Florida is about the same amount of time to the Outer Banks (about 10 hours), but it didn't bother me last week, so hopefully this week it will be just as easy.

I went to the doctor right before I left, and everything is still looking great. I'm currently 29 weeks and 2 days. My iron is still on the low side and they're still montoring it, but it doesn't seem as much of a concern at this point. I'm measuring right on for weight gain, blood pressure and I passed the glucose test. I'm now going every 2 weeks which is so crazy....September will be before I know it! It's so hard to imagine what Mackenzie will look like. Scott and I have made some predictions based on what we looked like as infants and toddlers, but it's so hard to invision our own child!

The same friends that we go to the beach with every year, help with a local Labrador rescue group. I got an email the other day asking if Scott and I would check out a pair of boys that were found in Grant Park and brought all the way to Paulding County. Since we live right behind the shelter, Scott ran over there the other day to check them out. The rescue group thought they would be good addition to the group, so we are going to pick one of them up this afternoon. The shelter was having them nutered, but one of the boys got very nervous and wouldn't load into the van, so he has to stay for a little while (but Lab Friends is still going to take him) and then we found out that before the boarding company will take them, they have to have all their shots. Scott and I are going to rush over the shelter this afternoon, scoop the one up, take him to the vet, and then meet with our friend so she can take him to boarding. Good grief, after all this, I really think it's harder to adopt/save a dog then it is to have a child! So, if you ever think a Labrador would be a good addition to your family, check out http://www.labfriends.com/







1 comment:

Summer Pendley said...

Hey KellyAnn,

I got your comment on Noah and Sailer's blog...our pediatrician is Dr. Enid Colon with Wellstar Pediatric Professionals. We love her! It is actually HER office, so you never have to worry about seeing a different doctor each time OR seeing a practicioner. She is the only one you'll ever see...she is this tiny little woman..she's so cute! I respect her so much, and she is very flexible when it comes to immunizations, etc. She's very understanding and has a great sense of humor. She is in Marietta off of Sandy Plains..but not far at all. Her number is 770-795-8783. If you have any questions, email me at jspendley21@yahoo.com.

She is awesome! :)