Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Oh My Achin' Back

I'm finally starting to feel the effects of pregnancy. My back is pretty much aching all the time now. And I get very restless at night. I'm so sleepy during the day and I've been taking cat naps here and there, so I guess I have to cut that out. I wake up around 4:30 a.m. and toss and turn until my alarm goes off. But, if this is all I have to contend with, I say I'm doing pretty well! We're getting down to the wire, so crazy! As of yesterday, I was 28 weeks, which means I only have 12 weeks left. When we went to my first appointment I was 11 weeks and 6 days, and that's exactly what I have left if I go full term.

Mackenzie has made her home on the right side of my tummy. It's so funny to watch her roll, punch, kick, and turn in there. My stomach changes shape where ever she is. The other night, I had a perfectly round ball protruding out of my tummy and it was too big to be a hand/foot/knee/elbow and too bone-y to be her bottom, so we are guessing it was her head. It was as if she was trying to hear what was going on out here.

I have another doctor's appointment tomorrow and praying that all goes well, I will be leaving shortly after to drive down to Ft. Lauderdale with my mom and brother to visit my Gramma, Aunt and Uncle. We haven't seen my Gramma since she left GA for FL to move into a nursing home. I'm ready for some mom and family time. Oh, and a nice perk is the beach of course! As long as I get the go ahead to travel tomorrow, and as long as the trip goes well, Scott and I will be spending the first week of July in Nags Head! It will be our 4th year going and has turned into quiet the tradition. Some friends of ours grew up going there every year and it's always a blast. It's such a fun place, because there are no hotels to contend with along the coast, just age old, cute beach houses. This will be our last childless vacation so again, we're praying that everything will be ok tomorrow.

No comments: