Only 8 weeks to go! The first week of July Scott and I went to Kitty Hawk, NC to celebrate the 4th of July. It was our 4th year going and last without a baby. We went with our friends Rick and Trish and 12 other people. I have to say, I slept the best I have since I found out I was pregnant. I think falling asleep to ocean and our extra comfy bed might of had something to do with it. As far as sleeping goes, I feel like a rotisseri chicken! I toss and turn all night long, my legs get crampy if I stay in one position for too long, my arms go to sleep, and my back burns, oh and I can't forget the crazy leg cramps! I've been eating bananas like crazy hoping that the leg cramps will subside, but no such luck yet. As I've found out, the 2nd trimester is definitely the easiest...at least it was for me. I have to remind myself throughout the day to stop and take a break. Although, while we were at the beach, I hung with the best of them. I went in the ocean everyday and I don't think Mackenzie minded. Scott and I played ball a few days on the beach and had to stop because I was giving everyone anxiety. Everytime I moved, I got in trouble for running, jumping, getting too close to water, and the list went on. I have pictures and will be sure to get them on here, I just haven't downloaded them yet.
Scott and I are headed to a wedding for a high school friend of mine on Saturday, and on Sunday we're spending the afternoon with Scott's brother's family. We still haven't done anything but paint Mack's room, but now that the vacations are out of the way, we're in serious baby prep mode! Scott has to put up the beadboard, and I have to decorate still. We have her crib, but I'm still on a hunt for a chair and a dresser. I'm just not pleased with the selection of children's furniture out there. Let's just hope that Mackenzie decides not to join us in the this crazy, wonderful world too early!
1 comment:
You should try Baby Junction in Acworth for a glider. Their prices can't be beat and you get a free ottoman with the chair. That's where I got the glider for Owen's room and I LOVE it :) It's on Hwy 92 right near Cherokee St....if you wanna check it out and need more specific directions just lemme know :)
Post a Comment