Tuesday, July 29, 2008

34 weeks, that means only 42 days left!

Scott reading the directions on how to put the crib together. You can see the brown in the background on the bead board.
Our supervisor for the weekend. Stetson moved around the room and watched my mom so carefully. Not only did he wind up with a pink tail, he also checked to make sure the brown was dry and wound up with a brown stripe.

We had such a productive weekend at our house! My mom and brother are amazing and offered to come over and help to get things ready for Mackenzie. Scott and a great friend, Keith, put up the bead board two weeks ago and then Scott and I calked and patched nail holes on Friday night. I learned something new, that I hate calk!! All I wanted to do was to paint, but we had to do all this preparation for it. Bead board sounds good in theory and looks amazing, but it's a huge pain in the hiney to do! As many of you know, Scott's a project manager for a home remodeling business, so he sees all these great home improvements and only wants the best of the best for our house. By the time we finished calking on Friday night, it was everywhere, and if you don't get it out of your clothes or off of your body fast enough it hardens and is a pain to get off. My mom and Scott primed the bead board on Sunday and it smelled so bad. Of course I didn't have any part of rolling it on, but it smelled like you had Sharpies up your nose! After the priming, we FINALLY got to paint! Remember, that's the only thing I wanted to do, I love to paint. The color brown we used, looks just like chocolate cake batter and we are all impressed on how it turned out. Scott and I put the crib together on Sunday night and my mom bought the mattress on Monday. Now we just need to get the bedding finished, a dresser, and chair!

I have my first shower this weekend, and I absolutely cannot wait! We go back to the doctor on Monday and we have to do our hospital consent forms. Scott, Mat, Carmen, and I are going on the 16th to take a tour of the hospital. I knew this was a good idea when Scott said that all he had to do was drop me off at the Emergency Room enterance, this only made me a little nervous. :)

No comments: