Tuesday, August 5, 2008

35 weeks=35 days

This past Saturday the ladies at my mom's work (where I used to work as well) hosted a baby shower for Mackenzie. Of course it was beyond hot, but we were able to still have fun. The theme was a luau and we all ate some amazing food. It amazes me how much people really do care for you. Mackenzie got some very special gifts and she isn't even here yet. All I know thus far, is that she is going to be one stylish kid! My mom is the youngest of 6 girls and 4 of my aunts were able to make it to the shower. It was so special to me to have everyone there. The only person missing was my Gramma, but after reading the card she sent, I know she was there is spirit. Hopefully she will be well enough to make a trip up here in the fall, and Scott and I are already talking about taking a trip after Mack is here to visit her.

This Sunday, Carmen and her sister are hosting another baby shower for us! I absolutely cannot wait! I'm such a geek with presents and I absolutely love to be surprised, so I can only imagine how Sunday is going to turn out.

We went back to the doctor's yesterday to sign the consent form and ask all the questions we needed to ask, of course I forgot a few important ones, but we go back on the 18th. As some of you know, I was 9 lbs. 13 oz. when I was born, my brother was 8 lbs. 11 oz. and Scott was in the high 8's as well, so I was pretty nervous about giving birth to a 4 month old! The doctor really felt around my tummy yesterday and said that Mackenzie is weighing in at around 5-5 1/2 lbs. right now, and will probably be around 7-7 1/2 lbs. at birth, so let's all keep our fingers crossed for that!

Here are a few pictures of all the wonderful gifts we received this weekend.


The adorable diaper cake my Aunt Candy made. She claims she isn't creative, but I give her credit for this one! How cute is this?! Notice the pacifier earrings?


All the gifts from Saturday! I told you she has enough clothes to share! The clothes across the bottom, laying on the floor came on a clothesline and had this cute poem that came with it, such a creative idea. Scott put all of Mack's stuffed animals in her crib.
I have some creative aunts. The two oldest ones both sew and have made special keepsakes throughout the years. In fact, one aunt made my Christening gowns and my mom found it and was able to clean it for Mackenzie. Below, is a quilt my Aunt Judy made to match Mack's room. She said it took 280 pieces to create and it took her only two weeks!
Another picture of the diaper cake. The best part about this is that everything on the cake can be used. The spoons on the top of the cake are the candles. I made one of these for Scott's sister two years ago and it was so much fun. Anyone want to go into business??


2 comments:

thedunns said...

It looks like you had a great time @ the shower. It is amazing how much these babies are loved before they are even born! Have fun this weekend at your other shower. I have one too :)

Hannah D said...

don't worry about the size of little mack :) my doctors estimated that owen would weigh in around 7 1/2 to 8 pounds and he tipped the scale at 9lbs.1oz. since it was the first baby i'd ever given birth to, i didn't know any different! i'm sure it will be the same for you!