I'm now 38 weeks and 1 day! I absolutely can not believe it! We were at the doctor again on Monday, and I'm still only 1 to 1 and 1/2 cm dialated, but I'm 70% effaced, last week I was only 45-50% effaced, so I'm making some progress. Everybody's bag is packed and ready to go, we're just waiting for Mackenzie to decide when she's ready to make her appearance. Within the next few days, we're going to get the carseat in my car, we've tried doing it several times this week, but the weather hasn't cooperated with us. I still don't have much to complain about except my poor hands and feet! My goodness, if my fingers swell much bigger, I'm afraid they might pop. I look like I have little sausages for fingers and toes and they hurt. I'm definitely up more at night, but that's just been in the past couple of weeks. I'm still loving being pregnant, but I'm getting very excited to see what this little girl looks like. Scott's getting antsy too. He told me last night that it takes too long for babies to come out. He's been such a trooper throughout the past 9 months. He goes to every single appointment with me, because he wants to, not because I make or ask him. He's actually the one that schedules the appointments for me, so that way he can work around the time. Scott's a great support too, he doesn't let me complain, which is so great, because it stinks to be in a poopy mood! And of course he has loved being able to put all the fun stuff together. We went last Sunday to order Mackenzie's dresser and it will be here on Friday, my mom is still working on the bedding and I have a few pictures to hang, but that's it. On Monday, I went and had a pedicure and the funny lady who did my toes starting giggling and told me that I now have "labor toes"! Well, at least my toes are ready for everyone to see!
This Friday will be a bittersweet day for me. It's my last day nannying for the family I've been with for almost 2 years. Had I not gotten pregnant, I would be leaving them in December, so I'm not really leaving them that early, but it's just another end to a chapter in my book of my life. I've learned so much from working for my 3 little bosses. Luckily, I will still be able to see them and watch them grow. Tyler, one of the 4 year old twins is just as ready as I am to see Mackenzie, he tells me all the time that she's been in my belly for too long! Too cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment