Tuesday, August 19, 2008

37 weeks, this baby is done!

Today marks the official date that Mackenzie is done growing! It's hard to believe that in 21 days (give or take a few) Scott and I will have a daughter. We went on Saturday to take a tour of the Women's Center at Kennestone with Mat and Carmen, and I must say, I'm a lot calmer and more comfortable now about the whole process. It was comforting to know and see how things work, where we will be at what times, and to get the hands on experience before it's actually time. Carmen and I found it exceptional odd at how quiet it was in the women's center. And it appeared to be really clean. We also celebrated Scott's brother's 35th birthday on Saturday, it's crazy to think that I met him right after his 27th birthday. On Sunday morning we worked in Mackenzie's room getting all the shower gifts in the appropriate places. We are getting ready to order her dresser even though we know it probably won't be here until after she comes, but we finally decided on one we really like.

Yesterday I had another appointment. I will now go every week until the babe arrives. We found out some exciting news while we were there. I'm already 1 cm dialated! I know I have a LONG way to go, but at least I'm progressing some what. I've yet to experience any contractions and still feel really good. My hands and feet have gotten quiet swollen in the past week and my back is stiff pretty much all the time, but I'm still not ready to have her! The past 37 weeks have gone by much too quick. Some people think that I'm nuts when I tell them how much I enjoy being pregnant, yes, even in the heat. At 9:30 every night I feel like Dance, Dance Revolution is going on in my tummy. Scott and I watch intently as my tummy moves all over the place. Mack's foot bulges out of my right side and we tickle it as it goes back and forth.

We got Mackenzie's bag packed and I have started getting my clothes ready and Scott has his mile long list of things he intends to bring to the hospital.

Thank you to everyone who has kept us in your thoughts and prayers. I can only imagine what kind of changes Scott and I are about to experience, and I can't wait to meet our little girl.

3 comments:

Hannah D said...

I don't think you're crazy at all to say you love pregnancy! People told me the same thing when I would say that I loved pregnancy and Owen could take as long as he wanted to. Pregnancy was such a wonderful time and besides, babies are MUCH easier to care for when they're INSIDE your belly :) Prayers for ya'll as you enjoy these last few weeks! Go on a few more dates and get a little sleep too, do things you won't be able to do for a little while after Mac gets here :) ENJOY! Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet little girl when she gets here!

Summer Pendley said...

KellyAnn,

Oh my goodness....you know, I was 37 1/2 when Noah decided to make his grand entrance into this world...so, you may not have too much longer..:) Hope that doesn't scare you! Anyway, I am so excited for you and Scott...this is such an amazing time for you..in the coming month, you're going to have SOOO many precious memories..try to take them all in.

By the way, I also loved being pregnant...I felt so special...:) Good Luck, and you look SOOO good! :)

Summer Pendley said...

Hey...about that first post, it sounded like I was saying I was 37 1/2 years old when Noah was born...you know what I meant....

I was 37 1/2 WEEKS pregnant...sorry, I had to clear that up...it sounded retarded..:)