Monday, September 15, 2008

Life with Mackenzie

Scott and I (and the rest of our families) are enjoying every minute on Mackenzie. We were discharged from the hospital the Saturday after I had her and on Sunday we had a family get together for her and Scott's birthday. It felt so good to be home and to sleep in our own bed and take a shower at home! I was sore for most of the week last week, but this week, I'm feeling much better. We took Mack to the doctor last Monday and she dropped quite a bit in her weight and of course it made me sad. But, my milk has come in and today when I took her back for a weight check, she gained back almost all of her birth weight! We have figured out that she likes to sleep more than eat, so we wake her up every 3 hours to eat and boy, does she eat like a champ! We didn't hear her cry as in I'm mad and I can scream cry until last Thursday when she had a huge blowout all over herself and my mom and she didn't like being naked and getting all cleaned off. Scott stayed home with us last Monday, and then he had to go back to work on Tuesday. I thought I would be ok, but I got very lonely. Even though I have Mack, it was strange to be home with just her. My mom came over on Wed. and stayed until Thursday night and that was so nice. She was kind enough to take us to Zaxby's and Wal-Mart on Wed. I was so ready to get out of the house, but was afraid to go too far so Wal-Mart it was! Then on Thursday night, Mackenzie got to see her daddy play softball. She was so excited to be going, that she slept through the whole game! :) On Friday, she was laying on my chest and she decided to lift her head up to look at me, and she kept it up for some time. And when she gets mad, she gets very strong, she stretches her legs straight out and throws her arms up. She has the most beautiful dark slate blue eyes and she loves to look around. On Saturday night, instead of waking her up for her 3:30 a.m. feeding, I let her sleep so she technically slept through the night. I fed her at 11:30 p.m. Saturday and she woke up at 6:30 a.m. Sunday ready to eat. She is such a great easy going baby! Scott and I are so in love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey KellyAnn! This is Renee Morris....I saw your blog through Hannah's and I just wanted to say hello! I'm so excited for you and little Mackenzie! Sounds like you're enjoying the joys (and sometimes stresses) of being a Mom. I know you're such a good one. Take care, try to get rest when you can (easier said than done) and have fun with your little girl. Your picture on facebook is so cute- yall look very happy! Love you girl!