Tiny, little bum
Friday, October 10, 2008
5 weeks and growing like a champ!
Yesterday, Mackenzie celebrated her five week birthday. Since the first week of her birth, I have taken pictures of her in the same outfit that my Grandma gave to her. It's a little sailor outfit, and it's so cute! The thing is, is that by the time Mack will be able to fit into it, it will be too cold outside. I figured the best way to get use out of it, is to take her picture of her in it until it's too small for her. Speaking of size, Mackenzie is just now fitting into her newborn and some 3 months clothes. It's more frustrating for me than it is for her, because in the beginning NOTHING fit her except the hospital shirts that we got from the hospital and her little night gowns, but she's getting there. We weighed her on Sunday when my mom was visiting, and Mack was 10 lbs. 1/2 oz.! I'm sure she's gained even more weight and we're going to measure her this weekend, because we've noticed that she's gotten much longer. Scott and I have had so much fun with Mack in the past 5 weeks. Last Friday night, we went to Rick and Trish's where their neighborhood had their 13 annual pig roast. On Saturday I went to a baby shower for my dear friend, Carmen and Scott kept Mackenzie for the first time. He had such a blast with her, they had breakfast at Sonic, where Scott fed her her first bottle, went to Publix, the meat market, and to get Scott's truck washed. Everyone was so impressed that Scott took her and actually went shopping with her, but Scott didn't think it was such a big deal. He is so good with her and it all just comes so natural to him. After the baby shower, we took Mack to see her cousin, Drew play soccer, where everyone wanted to hold and love on her! Even Drew's sweaty soccer coach held her, apparently he's been begging his wife for some time now to have a little girl. Then after the game we went to Aunt Kari's and Uncle Mike's house to celebrate Mack's nanny's birthday. For a 5 week old, Mack had an eventful Saturday, but she did so good! And then on Sunday, my mom came over and we just relaxed. And Mack experienced her first La Parilla dinner! I've been pumping several times a day and then freezing the milk, so we have quiet a stock pile milk going. I gave Mack her first bottle about 2 weeks ago and I was nervous that she wouldn't take to it, but she immediately starting eating and has yet to give us any indication that she doesn't like the bottles. I am of course still breast feeding her when we're home, at other's homes, or I even feed her in the car, I'm just not comfortable feeding her in public yet. Below are some recent photos of Mackenzie at five weeks old.
Mackenzie at her first pig roast
Naked Mack!
I love my Bear!
Nick has really come around. He was terrified of Mack at first, but now he's her watch dog.
Melts my heart everytime!
Wide eyed, making faces at mommy
Happy 5 week Birthday to me!
Abby rocked Mackenzie to sleep
My happy baby girl
Mackenzie contemplating this whole tummy time thing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey girl,
Thanks for your sweet comments! Every day I see more of Chris in her but then again she's a good mix:) She actually still has her blue eyes which is really not me and all Christopher! Mack is getting so big! How much does she weigh now? At Avery's 4 month she was 13 pounds and 23 inches long! She is growing so fast and interacting with us so much! Hope your doing well and can't wat to catch up soon:)
Too cute!!! She is adorable - I can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment