Friday, October 10, 2008

Our Sleeping Beauty

I love laying on my daddy's chest
So snuggly on daddy
Can't get enough of our burrito Mack

Mackenzie is such a great sleeper! Ever since she was born, we haven't had any issues with her sleeping. In the beginning, she would rather sleep than eat, but that has since changed! Mackenzie takes several naps throughout the day and we've yet to get on a napping schedule, but that's fine with me. I know with time, she will become more consistant with a schedule, but for now, I'm not pushing it. As far as bed time goes, I usually feed her her last feeding between 9 p.m. and midnight depending on when she last ate and she will sleep soundly without a peep until 6 a.m.! Scott and I are so fortunate for this! We have a nightly routine with her, that consists of me feeding her, then we swaddle her so tightly (she absolutely LOVES to be swaddled!), we put her hospital hat on her, and lastly we give her tons of kisses and tell her good night. She enjoys the music box on her bassinet that's attached to her pack n play and it only plays for 8 minutes at a time. I usually have to play it twice before she's out for the night. In the beginning, I told Scott that he could sleep in our guest bedroom so he could get consistant sleep, because he has to get up to go to work, but he declined. I thought for sure he would change his mind, but he wakes up when she does and he will quickly go back to sleep. We're keeping our fingers crossed that Mack will continue to sleep so well, but if she should change her mind, we're thankful for the sleep that she has given us.

No comments: