Friday, February 19, 2010

Shnow Fun 2010

You had your first real experience with snow last weekend!  We've been teased with flurries and snow reports all winter, and up to this point, all we have gotten so far is ice.  And we all know that ice=no fun!  I grew up in the north where is snowed every winter and gasp! we even went to school in the snow, however, I did not have to walk 10 miles uphill both ways with trash bags on my shoes, I just rode the school bus.  We did live here for the "Great Blizzard of 1993", but since then, we haven't seen much of the white stuff.  Now yes, it is true that pretty much the whole state of GA shuts down at the sound of the word, and my family up north laughs at us, but we just don't have the resources like they do.  As for last Friday, the weathermen were constantly changing their stories about just how much we would get, if any, but at 12:40 p.m. it started falling and fast!  You promptly crawled up on one of our breakfast table chairs was was in aw of the "sh-now".  You would squeal, grunt, scream and yell with excitement.  I was shocked at how much and how fast it was all falling and sticking.  And I was getting worried about Daddy.  He was not only working on Friday, but he was working OUTSIDE!  Luckily, he enjoys cold weather and wasn't too bothered by it, but I was worried about him driving home with all the crazies on the road with him.  He finally made him home a little after 4 with enough food to get us through the weekend.  We decided to wait until Saturday morning to take you out.  We were all getting over the lovely horrid stomach bug and you still wasn't 100% and the snow was super wet, so we all sat around your bedroom window and marveled over the white stuff.  Now, I get just a tad, ok maybe a little too excited about snow, and I may or may not have watched it fall all night.  :)  We were all up bright and early on Saturday morning and the three of us, including Stetson and Nick headed out for a morning of sh-now fun!
  
My magazine model of a dog!
  
Oh how I wish photos could "talk"!  You were actually yelling, "ahhh!"
  
Weeeeeee!
  

  

  
Mack Angel
  

  
I could have sat there all day.  We were having too much fun.
  
I almost got him!  Just a little too much to the left.
  

February 12-13, 2010

No comments: