How is this even possible?
Then-March 2, 2009
Now-March 6, 2010
I just can't believe how fast this whole parenting experience is going. Our baby girl is no longer a baby by any means and breaks my heart in one way and gets me so excited in another. I'm not going to lie, this past month has been super stinky on all counts. At 3:30 a.m. on Super Bowl Sunday, Daddy and I woke up to you whimpering over the monitor. I usually give you 7-10 minutes to fall back asleep, because it's
usually always because you can't find your pacifier in your sleep. Well, you were still upset after the time crept by, so I went to check on you. As I walked into your room, I smelled it-throw up-not spit up, but actual big people puke. Poor baby had gotten sick, and was sitting in the very back corner of your crib with your hands out. As soon as I entered your room, you said, "Yuck, momma, yuck." And it was everywhere, in your her hair, on your hands, all over your stuffed dog, your sheets, your bumpers...just everywhere. I attempted to wake Daddy several times, but I have learned he can sleep through a bomb. After we got you all cleaned up, I spent the next 7 hours with you trying to sleep on my chest, but you would wake up every 30 minutes on the dot gagging. We were able to get to the bathroom every time but once. Oh how I despise throw up. And it didn't help that I got the dreaded bug 2 days later. Gross, gross, gross. Thankfully, Daddy never got it and we were all well for almost 2 weeks and that's when you got a nasty cold, along with cutting 4 new teeth all while 2 have been trying to come down for weeks. And now I have whatever you had. I'm just tired of being sick and tired. You have been extremely irritable which has been so difficult because you don't want to do anything and has been extremely fussy, but we can't blame you and we do feel terrible for you. It's frustrating, because you try to tell us what's wrong, but we just can't understand you sometimes and this brings on the temper tantrums. Hopefully, once I get over this current crud, we'll all stay well for awhile...I hope! In other news, you are talking/singing up a storm! It's so funny to listen to you when you don't think anyone can hear you. You just jabber away talking about anything and everything. And you will repeat ANYTHING you say, so watch out!
My current favorites are when you sing, "Crinkle, crinkle lidle dar". You walk around singing this, bobbing your head and it's absolutely hysterical. Which brings me to this, you refer to stars and Crinkles.
You will repeat the letters of your name after we say them to you and then when we get to "i" you scream, "EEEEEEE" then clap you5 hands with pure delight.
We started counting to 10 with you, having you repeat the numbers after us, and you will now randomly count to 4 all by yourself. To hear you say "2" is so cute, it comes out, "teeeeyou" such a southern gal!
You have become extremely independent which has caused some issues. You insist on feeding yourself and miss your mouth quiet a bit. I know you have to learn, but I'm just not ready for all of this! The other day, you were eating your "cancake"=pancake, and when Daddy and I turned around, you had the empty plate full of syrup ON your head. You will exclaim, "ALLLL DONNNNNE" when you think you're finished, but hadn't eaten hardly a thing on your plate, so this usually leads to the counting and you will begin eating again. You have learned not only what "no" means, but also how to use it. We're quickly learning "yes"! When you see a picture of yourself, you refer to it as Kenzie-and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that! You, my child, have absolutely no fear! You will climb on anything and everything including to the top rung of Daddy's ladder and then will carefully climb back down. You
love are obsessed with Dora and Diego. And you're learning so much from both of them. You like to wear your "papack" like Dora and love to find Swiper. You're getting really good at naming animals. You say, moo cow, bobos for the bobo monkeys from Diego, pig, and of course dog and kitty. You have a crazy memory. For example: Daddy tiled the guest bathroom in early January. When it was all set, you and he went around tapping the pieces to make sure they were in place. You two only did this that one day, yet just a few weeks ago, you walked into the bathroom and started tapping the tile. Another one, is: you know the differnce between Daddy's dad, Papa, and my step dad, Pawpa and you say it each way with them. You refer to Daddy and I as, Dadddddy and Mommy and it melts my heart every time I hear you say those words.
One night, Daddy had your sippy cup in his hand, you walked over to him, said, "peeeeeese?"=please, and then as you walking away, said, "tan too, daddddy." I'm pretty sure both Daddy and I got huge lumps in our throats.
Exploring with your papack in Gram and Pawpa's backyard. You found a rock and carried it around all afternoon.
Showing Uncle Matt all the fun things outside.
March 6, 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment