Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Finally, nice weather!

We've had a harsh winter compared to years past.  One day it snows and the next, it's warm...it's the strangest thing and brings unwelcomed crud to our house!  A few weekends ago, it was absolutely beautiful so we took full advantage of the park that's right outside of our neighborhood.  Unfortunately, we didn't realize that you weren't feeling well, and it shows in the pictures.  We thought we were doing you, and us, a good thing by taking you to to the park, but when you woke from nap,  you had a 102 fever!  You did, however, act completely normal and ate your supper as usual.  We gave you some medicine and laid you down for bed.  We woke you back up at 11 p.m. to give you another dose of medicine and your fever was climbing even higher.  Daddy immediately stripped you down to your diaper, and Mommy quickly frantically called Children's Healthcare.  The nurse was extremely helpful and since she could hear you in the background talking to Daddy, she thought it was safe to stay home with you.  I was a nervous wreck all night, and I may or may not have woken up and slept out on the couch with you.  I just couldn't stand the thought of you feeling so crudy and sleeping in your bedroom all by yourself.  Your fever came and went all week and never got any higher than 101 after that crazy night.

Very unsure of the slide at first.
Such a big girl!
I like this slide!
Little dare devil
Watching all the big kids run around.
I promise, you didn't look this  bad when we left the house!  Poor baby.

February 28, 2010

No comments: