Thursday, February 17, 2011

Potty Talk 101

 During "The Snow Storm" I took it upon myself to attempt to potty train you.  You've had panties since this summer and have sat on the potty a number of times, but that was really it.  Everyone had been telling me that once we started, you would take to it right away.  I of course, was a nervous mom who had no idea how I was going to do it, but it's not an option to have you in diapers until your 50!  Looking back, we all learned a few things throughout the whole process.

1.  You chose your reward, stickers for pee-pee, stamps for poopies.  Yes, I just said poopies.
2.  You quickly learned to stamp all over your little body. Thank God for the winter, because I'm pretty sure DFACS would have been called.
3.  Doing the potty dance all around the house is perfectly normal nowadays. 
4.  It's not uncommon to hear, "My poopy crashed!"  or  "My poopy plopped!". 
5.  Now when we're out in public restrooms, strangers will often hear you shout, "I'm so proud of you Mommy!"  When I go potty.  No shame.
6.   This whole public restroom thing was freaking me out a bit, you can't even reach the potty yourself and the germs makes my skin crawl.  I found the neatest little potty seat that fits on big seats, folds up, and fits in the diaper bag!  Score!!

Needless to say, you're rocking this potty thing!  We're now longer offering rewards and you don't even notice it.  You always tell us when you have to go and you can hold it!  Amazing.  You're not wearing panties to bed just yet, but you do when you take your naps.

I had this posted saved because I needed to post some pictures with it.  It's now been a full month that you've been wearing panties and there's no looking back on diapers!  Just this week (Feb. 14th) you started waking up during your nap to tell me that you have to go potty.  The catch, you wear a diaper for naps and bed time and still wake up to go potty.  Then, you lay back down and fall back asleep!  Amazing, baby girl!  You've learned to "hold it" because you really enjoy saying that you have to go right after we get you all buckled in to your car seat and down the road from a bathroom.  Just last weekend, you said you had to go as we were getting on to 75, and you held it all the way to Gramma's in Flowery Branch!  I think we all kind of forgot you had to go, because I would never make you wait that long, but you did it.  And you've collected quite the panty collection.  So far you have Dora, Tinker Bell, and a pack of very brightly colored Levi's.    You're growing up way too fast and we only have one more thing to take care of until you're officially a big girl and that's getting rid of the dreaded paci.

No comments: