Thursday, February 17, 2011

Snow Fun 2011

On a Sunday night in early January we were blessed with some amazing snow.  It was funny because I'm kind of a nut about snow.  I absolutely hate the cold, but love it if there is snow.  All the news stations were reporting that there would some accumulation and boy were they right!  Daddy and I put you two to bed and sat down to watch a movie.  At 9 p.m., I opened the front door to see snow falling and falling fast!  It was starting to dust the grass and walkway but that was it.  At 9:45 p.m. I peeked again, and man o man, there was snow everywhere!  I wanted so badly to wake you two up, but knew that wasn't the right thing to do.  I lay giddy in bed all night long dreaming about all the fun we were to have.  Monday morning rolled around, and Mack you were so surprised to see all the snow!  We were the only ones on our street out in it and we even bundled you (Nolan) up for the fun.  I normally am not a huge fan of our driveway, it slopes up, but it made for so much fun in the snow.  Daddy packed down what was on the driveway, and we took out every possible makeshift sled we could think of.  This consisted of us using a Rubbermaid lid, a baby float, baby pool, a cooler lid, and said cooler.   We discovered that the cooler, lid, and baby pool worked best.  After a few hours of playing, we were all pretty cold so we headed inside for some much needed french toast and "The Wizard".  We all took a nap and were back at it for another round of snow fun.  Daddy wound up being out of work for 2 days, which is never fun on the paycheck, however, we LOVED spending some very much needed family time doing a whole lot of nothing.  Basically, the whole northern part of the state shut down for a week because of the snow, but it didn't bother us one bit.  And during this time, you baby Mack, became potty trained!

Our humble home covered in snow.
 Daddy was having way too much fun with you.

 You and our neighbor, Hunter testing out the baby pool.

 You ate and ate and ate so much snow/ice that day.
 Now testing out the cooler.  You LOVED it.
 And the baby float...


 Crazy Stetson would catch snowballs that Daddy threw to him.  Nick was the smartest out of all of us, and hung out inside.
 Making yummy french toast with Daddy.
 We spent a lot of time playing dress up.  Here you are as Cowgirl Mack.
 Love you.
 Elefun is only fun when you wear nets on your head too!

 Paging Dr. Mackenzie, Paging Dr. Mackenzie.
 And you, Mister, learning how to prop yourself up to start crawling.

No comments: