Thursday, January 27, 2011

Follow the Yellow Brick Road...

Mackenzie, my dear you are obsessed with "The Witch", commoners like to refer to it as, The Wizard of Oz.  Back during Thanksgiving, when we were at the beach, The Wizard of Oz came on and you and Pawpa sat and watched almost the whole movie before falling asleep.  It came on the next night (got to love TBS) and again, you both watched it from beginning to end.  Did you cry or get scared at the wicked witch, munchkins, lion, or how about those flying monkeys?  Nope, you would laugh hysterically at them.  When the house fell on the witch, you laughed.  When the lion jumped onto the yellow brick road, you laughed.  And when those crazy flying monkeys appeared, you about fell over laughing so hard.  Now, I know for a fact that most 5 year olds are afraid of this movie, but you, no way.  And when we ask you what the lion, tin man, and scarecrow need, you reply very matter of factly, "apple juice".  When the witch melts, you know the part, "I'm melting, I'M MELTING", you say, "Where the witch go?" all while holding your arms and hands out with your little head cocked to the side.  You think Glenda the Good Witch is a princess and you love to say how pretty she looks and before it even happens, you know she's about appear in a bubble.  My absolute most favorite thing you say about the movie...when we ask you what Dorothy's dogs name is, you say, "Poto".  As we were leaving PCB after Thanksgiving, Mommy and Daddy made the best $9.44 investment, we bought you The Wizard of Oz. 

1 comment:

Abby said...

eden's favorite, too! I can't help but be so happy that she loves something that I love, too! she was dorothy when she was 1 for halloween and again this year. there really is no place like home :)