As we were driving home from church, we decided to look for Christmas lights. There's a house in Brookstone that has all of these cardboard cut outs of Disney characters, the Peanuts Gang, and much more. The house is decked out in some serious lights. Mack, you are obsessed with lights! As Daddy would drive away from one house, you would say, "More lights pleeeeaaaase, Daddy?" As we were driving around the neighborhood, I spotted a giant white star sort of floating in the sky. We thought it was coming from a church not too far away. We decided that we were going to find it one way or another. Daddy was driving all around the neighborhood like we were in some sort of rat race. I, being as crazy as I am, would say, "Nope, we're going the wrong way." or, "You're getting closer, just make a few more turns!" We finally found this star and we were stunned. It WAS floating in the air! It was tethered to a very thick rope that was anchored to the ground with weights. The house that had it in their driveway didn't have anything spectacular going on, just this giant star hanging in the sky. It really hit home, that it's not about the shopping, presents, Santa's, but the birth of Jesus. Daddy and I sat quietly, I reflected on the year's past events as you two, M and N gazed at the giant white star.
By the time we got home from all of our Christmas light searching, it was time for bed! Mackenzie, I think you were a bit afraid to walk into the house. After all of this talk of Santa, I'm pretty sure you thought he was actually going to be at our house when we got home. Mommy wrote a quick note to Santa including that you M, wanted that dolly house, and Nolan, you wanted a Chugga, Chugga, Choo, Choo. Mackenzie, you picked out the cookies, and Daddy poured the milk and off to bed you went.


No comments:
Post a Comment