After graduating high school over ten years ago, I knew I wanted to go to college, but had no idea where. I took a year off, and tried to gather my thoughts and ideas...What did I really want to be when I grow up?, Would going to college really pay off?, How was I going to afford it? (Thank you, HOPE Scholarship!) Well, 10 long years later, I did it and I'm pretty darn proud of myself. I'm the first female on my mom's side to obtain a college degree and that speaks volumes. My mom is the youngest of 6 children, all girls, so you do the math. On December 14, 2010, on my nieces 13th birthday, I tearfully accepted my diploma. Scott was getting over a nasty bout with the stomach bug, my step dad was flying in from out of the country, it was my nieces birthday, the ceremony started when M and N are supposed to be going to bed, and it was down right cold that night, however, I had a huge fan club, very well behaved children (the people sitting next to them kept complimenting my family), and a diploma to show for it. "Thank you" will simply never be enough for the gratitude I have for my family that cheered me on all of those long, crazy years. So, here's to you. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart. I'm forever grateful for all of your support.
The very best parents any girl could ask for. Thank you.
Mike and Kari graduated from Kennesaw College. My, how things have changed.
With the babysitters. Thank you to Nanny and Papa for watching M and N all of those months.
My heart, my soul, my every being. It's because of these three right below that I kept chugging along.
Momma with her baby owls. KSU's mascot is the Owl. I found N's outfit on a whim at Wal-Mart during the summer, and M's was from Target. Scott put his foot down in protest and was NOT going to where anything Owl related.
And from my amazing husband, The Cricut. It's a self cutting dye cut machine. It's fabulous. Watch out Martha!
So happy!
December 14, 2010







No comments:
Post a Comment