Wednesday, January 12, 2011

San-ta Claus Is Comin' To Town

 I think everyone in Cobb and Paulding County is quickly catching on that The Avenue has a FREE Santa every Wednesday night in December, but we love him.  After last year's attempt, there's no way I'm going to paying for a crying baby picture with Santa, especially at the prices those pictures go for.  Ridiculous.  We tried December 15th to go for our annual visit, but we had to turn around due to icing on the roads.  Mack, you were so cute and pitiful in the car.  All week, I was preparing you to see Santa.  Every time we asked you if you wanted to see him, you would say, "No Santa!"  As we were getting dressed and in the car, you kept saying, "I see Santa?" "I wike Santa."  When Daddy had to turn the car around, and because you knew were were heading home, you started sobbing, "I wike Santa, I weally, weally do!"  It was sad and funny.  We promised that we would try again the following Wednesday, our last time we could see him for the season, and thankfully it was a success!  There's never a very long line at Barnes and Noble, maybe a 10 minute wait.  As we rounded the corner and you saw Santa, you got so excited!  Your face just lit right up.  Daddy decided he would take one for the team and put you and Nolan on Santa's lap while I stood back and snapped a few pictures.  This is what we came up with.

No smiles, but no tears!  You really didn't want to look at Santa, and Nolan, you just wanted to grab the poor man's beard!
 Trying to hold those tears back, and you did!  So sweet.  And look at the book you're holding.  It's a book about a Gingerbread Man, but you for some crazy reason call it your "Cookie Jam" book.  I love it. 
 Last year, holding the same exact book.  And this wasn't planned. 
As we were leaving Santa, he gave you Mack, a candy cane, and that's all it took, Santa was your new best friend.  You decided you wanted to stay for a little while and cheer on all of the other children.  The kids behind us in line, started to get a tad upset, and right away you said, "Aw, don't cry, it's Santa!"  The rest of the night, you walked around telling everyone at The Avenue that you saw Santa, and didn't cry. 

December 15, 2010

No comments: