When you were baby, (Mack) I tried to make your food, but I tried with fruit only and it was a failing attempt. Now that you (Nolan) are eating like a grown man and will soon be eating your parents out of house and home, I decided there has to be a more efficient, cost effective, safer way for you to eat. I have a dear friend, Kendra who I consider by baby food guru. She gave me a few basic steps and I was on my way to making food. Daddy's NaNa bought me the book Double Delicious by Jessica Seinfield and I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone. There's a whole section in the book on how to steam, boil, and cook all kinds of vegetables. And I will also add that I don't own a food processor. I got hooked on The Magic Bullet infomerical one year so for Christmas Carmen bought it for me! I've done all kinds of recipes in it and now I make your food with it. Making your food is so much fun for me. It's become a game for me to find out which stores have the cheapest, highest quality foods. We went shopping back in late January and I bought 7 bags of frozen vegetables. Each bag was $.77 for 16 oz. I bought a 5 lb. butternut squash for $1.49 a pound, a bag of carrots for under $2.00 and 2 sweet potatoes. It's now March 16th, and I'm still using the same food! Insane! And the best part, it doesn't smell funny, look funny, or taste funny and you, Mr. Nole, absolutely LOVE it.
I really enjoy cooking and I would say that this is the most time consuming part of all of it. It takes about an hour for the squash to roast. While that's roasting, I'm steaming away.
This is the squash after it's cooked. Mixed with water and pureed.
This is just a fraction of what I made. It was getting late and the battery was about to die in the camera, but from what you can see, that's 26 containers of food!




No comments:
Post a Comment