Ok, so sweet girl, you're now 29 months old and Mommy will be 29 years old in March! Lately I've been having flash backs of your first few months of life. I'm trying so hard to hold onto you and you seem to always be one quick step ahead of me. I'm so desperately trying to keep you a baby and I'm failing miserably. By putting you in preschool has really helped me to start "letting go". It was a very big deal for me to put you in preschool, but I had to as previously talked about. I'm so excited for the future with you, what you'll look like this time next year, what new crazy things you'll be saying, but for some reason, I'm having a tough time with this whole growing up thing. You're my little side kick and have such fun conversations now. I never want you to be disappointed or embarrassed by your Daddy and me (although we both tend to act a fool every once in a while). We love so much, Mackadoodle. So here's what you've been up to for the past few months.
*You went to the doctor in mid January for what I thought was a cold. Turned out you had a nasty ear infection. The dr. was so impressed by your verbal skills (no shock to us) because you were able to tell her exactly where it hurt and what it felt like. After a round of terrible, horrible medicine, you were back to your crazy self. They weighed too, and you're right at 30 lbs.
*You say the absolute funniest things! There's a new show on called Bubble Guppies and you refer to it as "Gubble Buppies", you call a tape measure "teasure mape". You have no problem telling us if we "make you sad" or you say, "I'm sad at you." And you've been exploring with pushing our buttons so to speak, and a few times, I've
*You're still very interested in "The Wizard" and you just told me the other day that you wanted your brugger to have a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Curious George birthday party because you think he really likes those things.
*You are obsessed with those crazy dancing-dancing-people-blow-up-things. You refer to them as "the red guy" because our local BBQ joint has one in it's parking lot and you go nuts when you see it. You do the little dance like them and it's so funny.
*When you get really excited about something, you cover your mouth and start to squeal which is then followed with, "I really yike that!"
*You're extremely creative and think outside the box. You recently took the foam letters "a" that's green and a "p" that's red. You put the p on top of the a and told me that you made an apple. I was stunned. And during snack not too long ago, you said, "My frozen yogurt is yike ice cweam...well awmost." And then giggled your head off.
*Daddy taught you that his ring means Mommy loves him and Mommy's ring means that Daddy loves her. It's the sweetest thing ever to hear you talk about it. I thought I would stump you, and so I showed you Gramma's (gorgeous) ring and asked you what that meant. I was fully prepared for to say that it meant that Daddy loved Gramma. Well, Miss Smarty Pants, without missing a beat you said,"Gramma's ring means Pawpa loves her." And then you followed it with an, "Awww!" Funny girl, you.
*You are so compassionate. You will randomly give us hugs, kisses, and tell us that you love us, or that we're your best friend.
We love you so much and Mommy and Daddy are trying our hardest to raise you to give respect and to expect respect. You have lit up our world and continue to shine.
February 4, 2011




No comments:
Post a Comment