The phrases and words you are saying right now have all of us in stitches all of the time. Some current favorites are: when we ask you about the big white building in Panama City (Ripley's Believe it or Not) you tell us that it's "upingside down", you refer to your feet as "foots" and things aren't "mine" according to you, they're "mines". You call spaghetti, "mazetti", hotel, "hofel", anyone who is your favorite person, is your "best guy". Late in the school year, you were learning about Goldilocks and The Three Bears. You came home telling us all about Goldilocks and how she ate all the bear's oat-me-meal. It's so funny hearing you say it and we often find ways to get you to say "Oat-me-meal". And now that "Noly" eats grits or "oat-me-meal" for breakfast, you say it often. You have something about the number 10 and letter "p", you leave both of them out now when you're counting or reciting the alphabet and we have no idea why. You skip right from 9 to "eleben" and when you sing your ABC's, this is how you recite it,"A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,ELMO,Q,R,S,T,U,B,W,X,Y,Z...sing with me!" We laugh every single time you sing it.
You're really big into the question, "Why?" and what's that right now. You want to know why about everything. Why we drive down the road we do, why do we eat the things we do, why things are the color they are, why does "Brother" do the things he does. Why, why, why. And of course, smarty pants, we can't just say, "Because I said so!" (Wow, do I sound like my own mom!) because you then ask why about that too. Reality on the "what's that" hit me while we were sitting in traffic in Marietta Square and I found you staring at the giant cemetery. You were very curious about what that place was and I could see it in your face that you were about to ask what that was. I immediately started to scramble in my head about how I was going to explain a place of resting for the deceased to you. Of course, you asked, and the only thing I could come up with, was that when people we love go to Heaven, this is the place we go to remember the person by. Lame? Yes, but I drew a blank and you know nothing about dying, death, or killing. These are the moments that I'm nervous about as you get older. I want to make sure we don't lie to you and can be as honest as possible with you about whatever you question, but some things are so delicate.
Back in the winter, you're class learned all about Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? You made the most adorable little Brown Bear mask and you carry it around the house saying, "BROWN BEAR, BROWN BEAR what do you see? And then will start naming random objects. Your school had a book fair and they were selling the Brown Bear book. I bought that and Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom for you. We read it once as a family and ever since then you have memorized both books. You read with such excitement and emotion and I'm so proud of you for loving your books. There's one part in CCBB, that the alphabet falls from the coconut tree. All the letters are all jumbled up and J and K are about to cry. When you get to that part of the book, you make your voice sound like you're about to cry. It's the cutest thing. You love to play, I spy with my little eye and you are really good at it! Sometimes you stump us and it amazes me how far you can see and the how small of objects you find.
You're favorite colors are blue and pink right now and even though you can count, everything is in fives. Five boats, five cows, five cookies, five everything. You've really started to get into all things Disney Princess' many thanks to watching "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" at least a million times in the past month. And once again, you're not the least bit afraid of the "the mean witch" from the movie, you of course, think she's funny and the Dwarfs absolutely crack you up. On a recent visit to Granma's house, you discovered that she had "The Jungle Book" which is one of Granma's favorite movie and of course, you two watched it together. You refer to the movie as Blue for Baloo and we will often find you singing "The Bare Necessities".
You have a new found love for puzzles, but no longer the wooden cut out kind. You discovered the cardboard ones, and although you need some help putting them together, if we put it together the first time, you will most likely get it all together on your own from the second time out. It's hard for you to find a good challenge in most things. Books, puzzles, games, and directions. Once you've seen it done, you can do it on your own. Your sense of direction never ceases to amaze me. You know all the roads we need to take and which ways to go from our house all the way to Granma's, and that's over 60 miles, taking different roads depending on traffic.
You're rocking the panties and potty and still get treats for pooping on the potty because of your horrible stomach "issues" and it's a big deal for you to even poop. And speaking of poop, as you can imagine, when you don't go for a few days, you get ummm, backed up. Of course, this makes things a little harder to come out, so you sometimes hold back causing a lot of pain and tears for all of us. When you finally decide to let it out, it can be rather large. You my dear, think this is hysterical. You talk to your poop, say it looks like a specific shape (circle, oval) or object (snake, noodle) and if Daddy isn't home yet, you will often ask if we can save it for him to see. *I know this is probably going to be embarrassing for you to read when you get older, but I'm almost 30 and Granma still brings up my "issues".* And speaking poop, I'm so sorry, but this is just too funny not to add. When we were in N.C., we were eating a lot of junk food and it was taking a toll on your belly. You tooted rather loud in the "hofel" and immediately took the blame for it by shouting, "Shoo, my toot stinks! I have a sour booty!" We all died laughing at that one, silly girl.
June 4, 2011



No comments:
Post a Comment