I have so much to say to you, little man, but I have no idea where to begin. You are such an amazing, fun, lovable little boy. You've brought more love and joy to our lives in the past year than I ever thought was possible. How you came into this world is a story in itself and from May 20, 2011 until your first birthday I've thought about the past year daily. It's so hard to put into words exactly how I feel, but sweet boy, I sure will try. We started off your birthday walking into your room singing to you. Of course, you bounced your little booty all over your crib as you giggled uncontrollably. We always laugh at you, because you love to end any song with your arms high above your head clapping all while saying, "Yay!" Mommy had to run all over town getting the last of your party must haves while Daddy stayed home with you and Mack until I got back home and then he had to leave to coach a softball game. Nolan, you took an almost 4 hour nap which gave me much needed time to get all of your party things together. Mack, you went with Daddy to his game and game home looking like Orphan Annie that romped around in a huge mud puddle...oh well, I know you had fun. We scrambled to get the house in order before guests starting arriving at 2:30, even though your party started at 3:00. Since you have a new found love of Mickey Mouse, we did a Mickey Mouse party for you and you absolutely adored your giant Mickey Mouse balloons.
At one point, Aunt Kari was holding you and you were just jibber jabbering away at that balloon.
Mommy made your Mickey Mouse cake and you weren't too sure about it. Your cake was a funfetti cake with chocolate frosting and I think you got a little overwhelmed when everyone started singing to you and then you really didn't want a whole lot to do with your cake. Being the awesome parents that we are, we pushed your hands down into your cake and believe it or not, that kind of helped you along...actually, you got completely covered in chocolate icing and had to take a quick bath afterwards to wash off.
I love how proudly, Mack, you're looking at your baby brother. You just love him.
Nolan, poor baby, you hated when everyone started singing to you and definitely didn't like when we put your hands in your cake.
Well boy, I would venture to say that you enjoyed your first birthday.
You're talking up a storm, but right now, you're the only one who knows what you're saying! You will tell anyone all about it and you have the funniest expressions when you're telling a story...looks like you're following in your big sister's footsteps. We're pretty sure we heard to say, "Detsy" the other day. You were attempting to eat Stetson's food for the one millionth time (that day) and Daddy told you that you couldn't have it because it was Stetson's food, and that's when we think we heard you say his name. When you can't find Mack, you'll crawl right over to her door and pound on it all while shouting at her. Speaking of Mackenzie, you LOVE her. You crawl right over to her and assume that she wants you right by her side at all times. For the most part, she's been extremely patient with you and we often find her sharing with you.
You're not walking yet, but you're pulling up and cruising around on anything you can get your hands on. You're not a huge fan of the grass and we will often find you crawling with one leg completely locked up stiff while scooting along with the other one. You're an eating fool. If the way you eat at 12 months is any indication of how you're going to eat when you're 15, we're in BIG trouble! I'm not exaggerating when I say this, you will eat ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING! For example, we spent some time at Granma's a
few weekends ago. Granma served Swiss Chard with supper...you ate it...like a champ. We can't eat in front of you, because you immediately stop what you're doing and believe that whatever we're eating, you're also entitled to it as well. Seriously, there hasn't been anything you tried that you haven't liked and that makes me a happy Mommy.
Nolan, I can't say it enough, we love you oh so much and are so happy and proud to call you our son. I can only hope and pray that we will raise you to be a polite, strong willed, christian man.
June 4, 2011














No comments:
Post a Comment