Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Babies, Brothers, and Lipstick

Mack, you have really started to pretend play.  It's the cutest thing to watch you read a book, dress and talk to your baby dolls, or play dress up with Nolan.  You make a lot of demands for Nolan, and I'm not so sure he fully understands everything you're telling him to do, but he loves to play with you.  Nolan, I promise, there are days that I think you know exactly what Mack is saying to you, however, you choose not to listen to her.  One hot, muggy, humid, scorching July day, I was folding laundry while you two were playing in Mack's room.  It got very quiet, so naturally I grew suspicious.  Below is what I discovered.

Mack, you were ever so carefully applying your pretend lipstick.
Look at that concentration.
Mack, you love to put your babies to sleep and you do it almost everyday.  This day, you were telling your baby a story and Nolan, you were just as interested. 
Nolan, you should have scooted away quickly!  Mack was teaching you how to properly apply lipstick.
Once you determined that Jo-Jo or Charlie (the baby's name changes quiet often!) you walked out into the living room and stated with your hands on your hips, "People we must be quiet, my baby is trying to sleep!"
July 20, 2011

No comments: