August in GA is no fun. It's too darn hot to do anything outdoors. You start sweating the minute you walk out the door, and you poor kids get all red faced and flushed just at the thought of running around outside. It's hard when the weather is like this, because in theory, it looks absolutely beautiful outside and you two just don't understand why we can't play outside. Because of the insane heat, we try to find fun things to do indoors.
Mack, you have no pants on, and are sitting on top of pillows on the couch. You're reading a free book from Chik-fil-a about the earth. You love to read right now. You look at the pictures, study them for a moment or two, and then make up a story to go with them. Every once in a while, you'll find a random letter and tell us what it is.
We've become big fan of DacKids. We've gone a few times now, and you guys really seem to enjoy it. This was Daddy's first visit and I think he was impressed.
Nolan, you were loving the foam balls. They would come flying by you and you would crawl right over to get them.
It was more crowded than usual on this particular day, and Nolan, you weren't so sure about all the big kids dipping and dodging around you. I love how you know when to rest. Shoulder snuggles are the best.How many more can I hold?
Is that a teeny-tiny smile I see?
Your most favorite thing to do right now, is climb up on the couch, stand up and body slam whoever or whatever is remotely close to you. Stinker.
How is it even possible that you look like 3 year old here?!
We've been going to Granma and PawPa's every Sunday since Memorial Day and we're loving it. PawPa came in after cutting the grass and found you coloring on the floor. Naturally, he got right down there with you.
I just love this. Mack, you did all of this. PawPa was just handing you the colors and you were going to town. I love seeing this, because I remember sitting in one of my many classes (preschool curriculum, to be exact) and learning about the different stages that children learn to draw.
August 2011















No comments:
Post a Comment