Friday, September 9, 2011

Colorado Wedding

Our dear friends Rick and Trish have a daughter that moved to Denver, Colorado shortly after graduating from UGA.  Lindsay has lived there for several years now, and met her prince charming out there.  Funny story, they both grew up in GA, Marietta to be exact, and both attended UGA.  It took both of them moving to Denver and a UGA sticker on Lindsay's car for them to meet and fall in love.  Groom Scott's father was the minister at McEachern for several years back in the late 80's and although Scott and I never had the privilege to meet him, it's neat to know just how close people's lives are intertwined.  Ok, back to the wedding.  Mommy and Daddy decided long before the wedding, that this was going to be a trip for just the two of us.  I had made arrangements for the both of you to spend 5 glorious days with Granma and PaPaw and boy, were you two spoiled rotten!  Mack, you some how convinced Granma that you only needed to rest everyday instead of actually napping.  There were pancakes for dinner, ice cream for dessert, picnics by the lake, trips to the mall, guitar playing, and pool splashing....all while Mommy and Daddy LIVED in the Atlanta and Denver airports.  Yes, you read that right.  You see, we thought we were being money conscience and used buddy passes from a great friend.  Little did we know, everyone in GA was flying to Denver the same day we were!  Daddy, luckily caught a flight to Ohio, I didn't.  From Ohio, Daddy got a flight to Denver.  I was stuck with one of Lindsay's bridesmaids who was also flying on buddy passes.  We decided to call it a night and spent the night with one of Ginny's friends.  Early Friday morning, we caught a flight to Memphis, and then to Denver.  We made it to Denver midday Friday, almost 24 hours after our first attempt to fly out.  Denver is a very neat city.  I wish we had more time to roam and explore, but I guess we'll just have to go back soon.  Lindsay and Groom Scott's wedding was held in the oldest (Methodist) church in all of Colorado and it was breathtaking. 
The ceremony started at 1:30 p.m., however, the reception wasn't until 7 p.m. that night.  This was our ceremony attire.
 And our reception attire.
 The wedding went off without a hitch and fun times were had by all.  I even somehow managed to walk the streets of Denver barefoot...eww! because my feet hurt so bad from all the dancing we did.  The day after the wedding, we went to a neat park to listen to a jazz band and unwind from the wedding.  I actually had to wear a sweatshirt in August, it was that breezy.
 Your Daddy is so handsome.
 Random picture, but every time I walked past this chair in the house we were staying in, I felt like it was smiling back at me!
 I wish I could say our flight adventures were over, but ha!  We arrived at the Denver airport bright and early Monday morning to fly back home.  Ha!  Ha!  Yeah, right.  We continuously kept getting bumped from flights, so I made friends with a great Delta employee.  After many tears were shed and a minor meltdown ensued, he had us ready and prepared for a flight to Detroit that connected us straight to Atlanta.  We were supposed to leave at 4:14 p.m., and arrive in Detroit with just enough time to catch our Atlanta flight that was leaving Detroit around 10 pm.  Well, bad weather delayed our flight to Detroit until after 6 p.m. and then when the plane finally arrived, we had to wait for a new crew to come in because the crew that was on the incoming flight, was already over on their hours.  There was no way were going to get our Atlanta flight, so we made the best of it and slept in the Detroit airport, clutching to our luggage for dear life while laying on the floor with a red Delta blanket and an itty bitty pillow.  The irony is all of this is, by the time it was all said and done, we paid more with all the changes we had to make than if we just bought 2 round trip tickets...lesson learned kids.  Speaking of kids, I have never in my entire life been more happy to see your smiling, banana covered faces in all of my life.  Mack and Nolan, I forgot to mention, this was the longest I've ever been away from you two.  Boy, I was glad to be home.

July 30, 2011

No comments: