Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mackenzie's First Date

On February 4, 2012 you, Mackenzie went on your first date...with Daddy!  Our local Chick-fil-a hosted a Daddy/Daughter Date Night and I just knew I had to sign you and Daddy up.  According to Daddy it was a magical night filled with an actual wait staff and table decor complete with a table cloth, flowers, and a candle.  Apparently, you were on cloud nine and were so excited to be there.  You fell in love with an older girl's "most beautiful" dress and didn't really care for the violin players.  At one point, you asked Daddy when that scratchy music was going to stop.  You feasted on chicken nuggets, french fries and a special treat of Dr. Pepper.  The night was topped off with an ice cream sundae bar!
 Granma and Uncle Matt were over and Uncle Matt was getting ready to leave for a month in a half, so you two were having a little chit-chat.
 At Chick-Fil-A.  You picked out your outfit and Daddy dressed accordingly.  You were all dolled up with plastic rings to boot.  :)
It is a daily prayer of mine that you and Daddy will forever be growing in your relationship.  I often get caught up wanting to do it all, never wanting to miss out on anything, but I had to let go and let you two enjoy your alone time together.  I tend to be selfish and have a very "in charge" attitude because I want things to go my way...see what I mean about being selfish?  I'm trying to let things go and that it's only healthy for you and Daddy, and Nolan and Daddy to have a seperate relationship that doesn't always include Mommy AND Daddy.

February 4, 2012

No comments: