Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Thanksgiving Party and Sickness

Mackenzie, you had your thanksgiving feast at school the week before Thanksgiving.  Mommy felt crafty and made your turkey shirt.
That week was very crazy and scary for us.  Nolan, you woke up Tuesday morning with a high fever, so you stayed with nanny and papa while Mack and I went to school.  Wednesday, you still weren't feeling good, Mack you didn't look too hot, and Mommy didn't get any sleep, so we all stayed home.  On Thursday morning, I called the doctor back after talking to the on-call nurse earlier in the week and got Nolan an appointment.  We ran Mack to school, I had to find a sub for my class, and to the doctor we went.  I was not prepared for what I was about to be told.  Nolan, you were diagnosed with not only the flu, but also pneumonia!  I felt terrible for you!  Your oxygen levels were really, really low and were talking about transporting you to the hospital.  Thankfully, after a breathing treatment, your levels went back up and the doctor felt confident enough to send us home...with a breathing machine.  You were to do treatments every 3 hours even through the night.  We had to report back to the office first thing Friday morning for a check up.  Thankfully, you were improving and the doctor's were pleased with your progress.  Did I tell you we were supposed to be leaving for a cruise in 3 days?!

Even though you felt like crud, you were still so happy!

All smiles even through treatments!
November 15, 2012

No comments: