We had such a fun Halloween this year! Now that we have two kids, I'm all about them coordinating for holidays. Yes, I'm a dork and I'm okay with that. I found two very cute costumes at our church's consignment sale and the prices couldn't be beat. Our busy bumble bee and dainty "yadybug" was a huge success! I was very worried that big boy wouldn't fit into the costume, but with a little squeezing and tugging we got you in. Mack, you ran around for months wearing your "yadybug" so when it was actually time to wear it, you were so excited. We wanted to try something different this year, and we decided to go to the Avenue for Halloween. It was actually on the 30th, so we made a day out of it. We went that morning and got our pumpkin from a local church and then we changed and went trick or treating! Mackenzie, you were hysterical. You were so shy at first and would only hold your bag out, but once your figured out what to do, you were on it, girl. You were so sweet with your pleases, and thank you's and you especially loved all the stores that gave out lollipops. They often didn't make it into your bag before you had the wrapper off and were sucking on them, but it was a day for treats and you were having so much fun. You got the perfect amount of candy and you told us when you were all done. You were one tired "yadybug". Bumble Bee Nolan, you just sat in the stroller and enjoyed all of the fun sights and sounds. You are such a good baby. After we trick or treated, we met Uncle Matt at On the Border for supper. It was getting very close to his deployment time so we were spending as much time as possible with him. Mackenzie, your Uncle Matt absolutely adores you. You two have a very special bond.
Talking to your favorite bear. We have to stop at him every time we're at the Avenue.
Brothers and sisters X2. I can only pray that Mack and Nolan, you two will be as close as Uncle Matt and me.
October 30, 2010










No comments:
Post a Comment