I don't know what happened, but once Mackenzie turned 8 months old, she turned into a mobile, wants to explore everything child. She has started skootching around now and although she can get her body up onto her hands and knees, she prefers to army crawl everywhere and she's very fast! The other day, I laid her down on the floor and I went to the laundry room, as I turned to walk out, Mackenzie was looking up at me! She's still eating stage 2 foods and we've moved onto the more diverse foods such as macaroni and cheese, mixed veggies, turkey and rice, and chicken noodles-she enjoys all of them along with the basic fruit and veggies. Mommy LOVES fruit and veggies so this is a huge deal. After supper every night, Mack gets a cookie that she proceeds to smush, mush, and smear everywhere, but we love it. And she's started eating the puffed rice. We bought them about a month ago, but she wasn't ready for them yet, we gave her a few the other day and she picked them right up off of her tray and in her mouth they went. Mackenzie still has no teeth, but she can chew like she does! I love her toothless grins! We're working on getting her bottle feedings down, but it will come with time and every night when we put her to bed, she has still spits out the pacifier we give her, she hunts for her infant one, and in her mouth it goes. It cracks me up that she wants the smallest one, but it works for her. Mackenzie spent the night with Gram and Pawpaw last week while I had finals for school and when I picked her up, my mom was so excited to show me that Mackenzie now claps! My mom just started doing it and Mackenzie mocked her. Whenever you say,"Yay!" now, Mackenzie claps. She brings her right hand over to her left and only moves her right hand, but she gets so excited and it's so cute. Happy 8 month birthday, baby girl.

Yay!

Look at the rolls on her arms! I think the doctor will be pleasantly surprised by her weight gain.
1 comment:
Addison didn't get her first tooth until 10 months. She is just over 11 months and has 3 on the bottom and 2 on the top now. I guess our girls are late bloomers ;)
Post a Comment